[Moved] Andrew WK on SNL

Allright TC I was thinking about you Saturday night. First time I've watched Saturday Night Live in a while, but the band made me think about you. Think they were called Andrew W.K. You wanna talk about someone with a lot of fucking ENERGY! Jeeesh.

:metal: Non-stop!!

yeah, i saw that he/they was/were on, but i have no idea who that is and i'm not a big fan of The Rock, so i passed. what was it like?

PS - i moved this into the music discussion forum. 8)

I'm not a good judge on that type of music, not even sure what "that" music was. I would have guessed a heavy metal. It wasn't bad but with all the guitar its so hard to hear anything else. More then anything though the guy was entertaining, like I said he was all over the place, danced didferent then anything I've seen. Lotta head banging and arm whipping while jumping around tons of energy. Actually if I had a chance to see them live I'm sure I'd go.

Not a "Rock" fan! COME ON! Don't tell me your still pulling for Hogan or Flair!!!! Wait, don't you know the number one cable show for years running!!!??? OOOPPS! Think you mentioned you don't have cable, but anyway over 1 million wrestling fans can't be wrong! Can they?

Heh, funny you mention that, I watched some of SNL just to see what this Andrew W.K. was about as well--I've seen his album cover, where he's just kind of looking cool and covered in blood, and I'd read a little that indicated he was kind of tongue-in-cheek heavy. That seems to be exactly what he is, not much more. T.C., there might have been a couple sonic elements that you would have enjoyed, but I think the likes of Minus would tear him in two! Still, better than your average SNL band (and certainly better than any of the skits...why oh why oh why are they still on the air...) :fall:

jakerupe wrote:Not a "Rock" fan! COME ON! Don't tell me your still pulling for Hogan or Flair!!!! Wait, don't you know the number one cable show for years running!!!??? OOOPPS! Think you mentioned you don't have cable, but anyway over 1 million wrestling fans can't be wrong! Can they?
no way, dude. Kerry von Eric all the way. Modern Day Warrior!!! but seriously - could there be a more plagued family in wrestling? most of them are dead, one of them got his foot cut off, overdosed, etc. still, always my favorites. here's a link to a great tribute page
Where are they now?
David Von Erich - Died February 10, 1984 in Tokyo at age 25, Japan of a drug overdose, although the press was fed a story about intestinal problems.

Mike Von Erich - Died April 12, 1987 after committing suicide at the age of 23 by overdosing on Placidly, a tranquilizer.

Chris Von Erich - Died September 12, 1991 at the age of 21 after committing suicide by shooting himself.

Kerry Von Erich - Died February 18, 1993 at the age of 33 after committing suicide by shooting himself. He has been arrested that day on cocaine possession, violating his probation on another drug charge.

Kevin Von Erich - Retired from the sport.

Wasn't there another Von Erich brother?
Jack Von Erich died as a child when he was accidentally electrocuted and drowned in a puddle while playing outside.

HOLY COW! The Texas Tornado! Last place I ever thought I'd hear that name. Speaking of warriors(wish I still had the time to follow these sagas) about 5 years ago the Ultimate Warrior reappeared breifly and all us loyal fans thought he looked very much like a Von Erich?!?! He came and went just had to rub Hulk the wrong way a few months(he never beat the Ultimate Warrior). We got back from playing golf one night and caught a glimpse of all this, Hodge and I, so we followed for a while again. :cheers:

Somewhere down the road she tossed it out the window! Then it was gone!!! 8O

Seems like all wrestling fans meet this end or maybe we just grow up.