Listening to lately

For work:
Metallica, St. Anger
Tomahawk, Mit Gas
Powerman 5000, Transform

For leisure:
Slayer, Reign in Blood (never leaves my side!)
Megadeth, Killing Is My Business (remaster)
High on Fire, Surrounded by Thieves
Entombed, Morning Star
Strapping Young Lad, SYL
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Listening to lately

TC wrote:
O-dot wrote:High on Fire, Surrounded by Thieves
tell me about this album. what i've heard makes me curious.
Haven't listened to it enough yet, but my first impression is "Motorhead with Iommi-style sludgy guitars." Or, what if Sabbath ever had Lemmy on vocals and played a bit faster. :mrgreen:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Deftones, Deftones
Iron and Wine, The Creek Drank The Cradle
M. Ward, Transfiguration of Vincent
Just got Radiohead, Hail To The Thief

Also listening to Tomahawk, Mit Gas

And listening to what's hopefully the final mix of my album for the millionth freakin' time.

Alexhead wrote:And listening to what's hopefully the final mix of my album for the millionth freakin' time.
speaking of which, if the wife gets together her mail, i'll send your package out. :)

Alexhead wrote:And I'm sure everyone else on the board is also digging Blur, Think Tank
At least I am. :) Also Radiohead's Hail to the Thief.

Older ones I am revisiting:
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui UXO
Pixies - Surfer Rosa

Oh, and the Hulk Soundtrack, love it.
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

dhn wrote:
Alexhead wrote:And I'm sure everyone else on the board is also digging Blur, Think Tank
At least I am. :) Also Radiohead's Hail to the Thief.

Older ones I am revisiting:
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui UXO
Pixies - Surfer Rosa

Oh, and the Hulk Soundtrack, love it.
I like your style! Although I haven't started grooving to the Hulk soundtrack just yet. What's your favorite Fugazi?

today:

The Haunted, One Kill Wonder

TC wrote:
O-dot wrote:today:

The Haunted, One Kill Wonder
excellent.
Damn right.

Also just ordered some Voivod and Venom shirts.

:metal:

Alexhead wrote:I like your style! Although I haven't started grooving to the Hulk soundtrack just yet. What's your favorite Fugazi?
I'll tell you when I am through. :) At the moment I am listening to 13 Sounds, I will then progress to The Argument shortly.
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

if you want to know what i'm listening to lately, click my sig - i just got that account going a few days ago. :)

This week:
Superjoint Ritual: A Lethal Dose of American Hatred
Queensryche: Tribe
Voivod: Killing Technology
Exodus: Bonded by Blood
Carcass: Heartwork
Kreator: Terrible Certainty

In the car:
Entombed: Inferno
Metallica mix tape

Ordered from Amazon:
Nightrage: Sweet Vengeance
Nevermore: Enemies of Reality

This week:
Meshuggah: Nothing
Shadows Fall: The Art of Balance
Dark Angel: Leave Scars
Carcass: Heartwork
Motorhead: Bomber

Tonight, will be seeing Superjoint Ritual and Strapping Young Lad live... then hustling back to the newsroom to crank out a review. Should be interesting since I've not had to write on deadline since I gave up reporting five years ago.

O-dot wrote:Tonight, will be seeing Superjoint Ritual and Strapping Young Lad live... then hustling back to the newsroom to crank out a review. Should be interesting since I've not had to write on deadline since I gave up reporting five years ago.
well, at least gene hoglan should be fun to watch. :)

and good for you on the assignment. is this something you wanted? :)

oh i suppose i'll participate in this thread too:
Macabre: Murder Metal
Morbid Angel: Heretic
Queens of the Stone Age: QOTSA
28 Days Later... OST
Squarepusher: Go Plastic

well, at least gene hoglan should be fun to watch. :)
how the hell does a fat guy play so fast?
Morbid Angel: Heretic
Clayton and his connections...