The Haunted The Haunted
The Haunted The Haunted Made Me Do It
The Haunted rEVOLVEr
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:The Haunted The Haunted
The Haunted rEVOLVEr
2 of those are great, one is a bad pantera clone. how the mighty have fallen...

TC wrote:
O-dot wrote:The Haunted The Haunted
The Haunted rEVOLVEr
2 of those are great, one is a bad pantera clone. how the mighty have fallen...
Not hearing a Pantera sound.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Type O Negative - Life Is Killing Me
Sonic Mayhem - Quake II Soundtrack (If anyone wants to hear this, lemmie know and i'll put it up. Damn good guitar work.)
Orgy - Vapour Transmission
Orgy - Candyass
Stone Sour - Stone Sour

TC wrote:Desert Sessions - Vol. I-VIII
The Kyuss/QOTSA side project/jam stuff? What's worth checking out and what's not?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

O-dot wrote:Not hearing a Pantera sound.
it's more in the "sensabilities" (and i use that loosely) of writing. i can't stand their new singer, i can't stand that new album. it's really... ugh. mallcore. nu metal-ish. i saw the video for 99 and the singer is wearing a ballcap backwards & hopping around...
Last edited by TC on 21/10/04, 14:58:24, edited 1 time in total.

Alexhead wrote:
TC wrote:Desert Sessions - Vol. I-VIII
The Kyuss/QOTSA side project/jam stuff? What's worth checking out and what's not?
yes. all of them. seriously. so many people involved, too many to even mention here. great stuff.

TC wrote:mallcore.

:rofl: :roflmao: :rofl: :roflmao:

New favorite word of the month.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:
O-dot wrote:Not hearing a Pantera sound.
it's more in the "sensabilities" (and i use that loosely) of writing. i can't stand their new singer, i can't stand that new album. it's really... ugh. mallcore. nu metal-ish. i saw the video for 99 and the singer is wearing a ballcap backwards & hopping around...
Thought it was the returning singer from the first two albums...

Anthrax The Greater of Two Evils
Testament The Gathering
Exodus Tempo of the Damned
Vio-Lence Eternal Nightmare (the singer's awful, though)
Suicidal Tendencies Prime Cuts
Death The Sound of Perseverance
Lamb of God New American Gospel
Kreator Violent Revolution
Destruction Metal Discharge

that vio-lence is GREAT. singer grows on you, but the music more than makes up for it. love that album. drummer was left-handed. enjoyed watching them on this tour with voivod for DH. excellent... :)

I dunno, dude, I've had the album for about a year now, and each time I think there's some cool stuff going on but then the singer starts to annoy the piss outta me.

Who headlined at that show, Voivod or Vio-Lence?

O-dot wrote:I dunno, dude, I've had the album for about a year now, and each time I think there's some cool stuff going on but then the singer starts to annoy the piss outta me.

Who headlined at that show, Voivod or Vio-Lence?
voivod. :mrgreen:

Badass. Did you ever see them live with Eric on vox?

That band's been quiet. Working hard on that new album, I hope...

Vader The Beast
Auf der Maur Auf der Maur
U2 How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
The Haunted Revolver
Burnt by the Sun The Perfect Is the Enemy of the Good
Bill Hicks Flying Saucer Tour

More mellow stuff at the moment:

Radiohead - Kid A
Frou Frou - Details
Jack Johnson - Bushfire Fairytales
The Dresden Dolls - The Dresden Dolls

Waiting to be listend to, first excerpts already promising:

At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
"Good taste is the death of art."
-Truman Capote

Kreator Enemy of God
Black Sabbath Mob Rules

McClusky--McClusky Do Dallas
viscious Pixies/Jesus Lizard hybrid

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead--Worlds Apart
A strange sellout album, but I like it

Les Savy Fav--Inches
Better version of Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand
Got it as an Xmas present, my kid likes it

Bright Eyes--I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Don't believe the hype

Bonnie "Prince" Billy and Matt Sweeney--Superwolf
Excellent downbeat americana

I would submit to y'all that a sentence or so to describe what you list might be helpful to those who might wanna check some of the stuff out...

High on Fire Blessed Black Wings
New album from the ex-Sleep guitarist and his band. Produced by Albini. Muy distortion on the guitars and vox. Thumpin' Geezer Butler rhythms. Crank it.