Board index General Audiø Immersiøn

Listening to lately

Music news, reviews & discussion.

Re: Listening to lately

Postby TC on 21/01/20, 16:23:32

i don't think rammstein is on that tour, i think that was just a comparison.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby Draesk on 21/01/20, 19:01:18

haha nah, fortunately it was just Behemoth and Slipknot. I was just cosmically late in noticing big d's post about Godsmack up the page here, and Rammstein are the default comparison for over-the-top on-stage pyrotechnics. If you want a bad line-up though, I'd seen Stone Sour there before, and they were supported by... the Pretty Reckless. :snore:

Behemoth were fucking great tbh, totally flawless. Slipknot themselves put on a solid show (it was mostly older songs, which was great), but the mix and EQ was absolutely fucking dire. Never heard anything so bad at a gig in my life. Snare alone was overpowering absolutely everything on-stage, but you couldn't hear the cymbals at all. Guitars were a mush (bass was non-existent), with the only LF representation coming from the kick (which was also wildly overpowering). The repeater stacks were all only putting out HF too (I'd guestimate >2kHz). I've seen Slipknot at that venue without issue before, so they can't even claim unfamiliarity. It was mental.
Draesk
Stilgar
Stilgar

Postby darkness on 22/01/20, 00:45:14

Draesk wrote: If you want a bad line-up though, I'd seen Stone Sour there before, and they were supported by... the Pretty Reckless. :snore:

Those are fighting words.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 22/01/20, 07:25:28

a good FOH engineer makes all the difference. some bands don't want to pay for one, and that's what happens.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Previous

Post a reply

Board index General Audiø Immersiøn