Re: Twilight III: Beneath Trident's Tomb

So, Moore followed up on his bizarre anti black metal rant in a recent interview, not sure if he clears anything up or not but apparently didn't mean to be as insulting as he sounded:
That was really taken out of context. It was really funny how people got tweaked by that. I was answering a question. How do you answer a question about black metal? Black metal, it doesn't even consider itself music. In fact, it doesn't want to be confused with any kind of music because it's something else entirely. It's a voided concept from its start. It's all about complete disintegration of existence. It's a music that uses the elements of rock instrumentation but it's so anti-everything that, for me, it doesn't matter what you say about it because it doesn't exist. I figured I would just write something ridiculous about it. And boy, did black-metal devotees get really upset by it. You're not supposed to be alive, so why are you getting upset?
And on playing with these guys:
There are certain stylistic maneuvers within black metal that really informed me as a guitarist and I use in my own playing. And I think some of the people who are seriously involved with that scene realized this about me and reached out to me. That's certainly true of Neil from Krieg, who sings on Twilight. He's a true black metal aficionado and devotee and he's a real important exponent of that music, and he reached out to me and wanted to know if I would take part in this project. And I think it was a little bit of a risk for those guys having somebody who's not exactly 100 percent in the scene to get involved. But I think they trusted my integrity with it.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Twilight III: Beneath Trident's Tomb

Having read interviews with the guy for 25 years now, he's very quirky and has a weird sense of humor that doesn't always come across well in print. My suspicion is he was trying to make a joke to tweak his bandmates in this project or something, but of course it didn't look like anything but a raging insult. In any case, he didn't do much towards dispelling any ill will with these comments. Still one of my favorite guitarists.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."