Re: Listening to lately

Just got back from a live thing with Hedon,Turbocharged and the main act Puteraeon. Pretty good all around. Also got to have a nice chat with the lead singer of Doom (my tattoo'ist, as it happens). All in all, a pretty good saturday night.

yeah, let's hope the songs are not interchangeable. my prediction: ATG will try their best to create SotS part 2 and it will suck worse than SotS part 1. my hope: i don't expect them to go back to GoG or TRitSiO, but i hope for at least TSD part 2.

there are two good songs on it, the rest is metal by numbers. put on ANY other ATG album and then that, difference will be immediately obvious. it's the album that launched 1000 clones and almost solely responsible for "deathcore" as we know it today.

By that measure, should we dismiss early Van Halen and the like for all the crappy bands they inspired? Slaughter of the Soul is a good record.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:By that measure, should we dismiss early Van Halen and the like for all the crappy bands they inspired? Slaughter of the Soul is a good record.
I don't really know what you guys are talking about but I have to chime in to say early Van Halen still kind of rules, especially Fair Warning.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:fair warning is one of the best rock records of all time.
Amen brother. For a brief shimmering moment in time Van Halen was The Shit.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."