RIP Ray Liotta

TDB wrote:‘Goodfellas’ Star Ray Liotta Reportedly Dead at 67
According to Deadline Hollywood, the actor and producer died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic.

Actor and producer Ray Liotta, best known for his breakout role in Goodfellas, has died at age 67, Deadline reported on Thursday.

According to the Hollywood news site, the actor died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic, where he was shooting a thriller titled Dangerous Waters.

Following his big break as real-life gangster Henry Hill in the Martin Scorsese-directed classic, the New Jersey-born actor had a lengthy career, most often portraying tough-guy gangsters, federal agents, or police detectives.

In recent years, he starred in HBO’s Sopranos prequel The Many Saints of Newark in a dual role as twin gangsters “Hollywood Dick” and Salvatore “Sally” Moltisanti.

Liotta is survived by his fiancée Jacy Nittolo and a daughter, Karsen, from his first marriage to Michelle Grace.

This is a developing story...
fuck. i always looked forward to his work. some hit & miss, and i have no idea if he is actually a good actor, but i enjoyed watching him work.

RIP ray. you led one of my favorite films of all time. thank you for that.

Re: RIP Ray Liotta

Judging by his imdb page, I don't think he ever turned down a job. But he created so much goodwill from his good roles that it was always a pleasure to see him pop up, even in lesser product.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: RIP Ray Liotta

I listened to a podcast with him a few years ago, can't remember which one. But he talked about being adopted and how much he appreciated his adoptive parents. I think he grew up in a small town and his dad ran the local hardware store, IIRC. When he was older and a successful actor, he decided he wanted to meet his birth mother and got her info. A friend drove him out there so he wouldn't have to go alone. He met his birth mom and a bunch of siblings that he hadn't know about, and ended up being repulsed by this trailer park trash family that was basically only interested in him because he was rich and famous and not as a family member. He got back in the car and his friend asked him how it went, and he said something to the effect of "he was never so happy to have been adopted." And his friend broke down in tears as well because he and his wife were in the process of adopting a child and were secretly concerned whether the child would see them as their real parents or not.