Lamb

[youtube][/youtube]
A childless couple in rural Iceland make an alarming discovery one day in their sheep barn. They soon face the consequences of defying the will of nature, in this dark and atmospheric folktale, the striking debut feature from director Valdimar Jóhannsson.

Selected for Cannes Un Certain Regard 2021
has that perfect A24 vibe. i predict i'm going to love this. of course it also reminds me of the great Hagazussa, given the apparent plot, and i don't mind that either.

Re: Lamb

"A childless couple, María and Ingvar discover a mysterious newborn on their farm in Iceland."

The mystery is that Ingvar fucked a sheep, right? I mean... right?

Re: Lamb

finally got to watch this. while it was quite weird, i loved it. i'm sure there is some deeper meaning or allegory i don't fathom, but i did not see that ending coming and found the sparse dialog and score quite impactful. it was very well done and effective. it's one of those films that i'd recommend you just watch. it won't hurt you, and you probably won't hate it. you just might find that you quite like it in fact. point is, i'm still thinking about it, and really looking forward to what's next from this director.