Board index General Celluløid Output

The Mandalorian

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

The Mandalorian

Postby _Marcus_ on 07/12/20, 02:53:35

The Mandalorian
So we haven't talked about this at all so far? Well, I am halfway through the second season and this show is... weird? It's in a way a perfect SW show in that there are small parts that are really good, huge chunks that are just blatantly stolen from other sources, visual design that is equally charming and poor (apparently Werner Herzog called the production cowards when they wanted to replace the baby yoda puppet with cgi, so they kept it) and acting that is ALL over the place.

Also, as an avid video game-ist, I can't shake the feeling that the way Favreu wrote this was based on video game progression. The beats in the first season in particular feels *exactly* like a video game. Go here, collect this, get this upgrade, meet an addition to your party, find loot, upgrade your armor, defeat miniboss, move on. Weird.
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Re: Recent movie playlist

Postby darkness on 07/12/20, 03:02:01

_Marcus_ wrote: ...there are small parts that are really good, huge chunks that are just blatantly stolen from other sources, visual design that is equally charming and poor... and acting that is ALL over the place.

So vintage Star Wars in other words.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby _Marcus_ on 07/12/20, 03:17:29

darkness wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote: ...there are small parts that are really good, huge chunks that are just blatantly stolen from other sources, visual design that is equally charming and poor... and acting that is ALL over the place.

So vintage Star Wars in other words.

Like I said - a perfect Star Wars show.
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby big d note on 07/12/20, 10:48:46

The Mandalorian is about the only thing that I watch regularly right now since there is no hockey. We were going to get Disney+ for the kids anyway, so it's been nice to watch the show. It's the best thing from the Star Wars universe in a long, long time. I like the episodic nature. Some are like "monster of the week" episodes and those are hit and miss, and others really move the main storyline along like the last few have.
big d note
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby _Marcus_ on 19/12/20, 16:46:37

So how about that last Mandalorian episode, ak Star Wars Episode 10: Return of the Fan Service?
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby darkness on 19/12/20, 18:19:14

_Marcus_ wrote:So how about that last Mandalorian episode, ak Star Wars Episode 10: Return of the Fan Service?

It was a total deus ex machina ending and I fucking loved every single second of it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby klimov on 19/12/20, 23:38:07

It would have worked if not for the cut-scene level CGI. FFS! When will Disney quit with the abysmal head replacements?...
klimov
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output