Re: Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

heard an interview with him about this. he was essentially saying this is his "tombstone" movie. said after the heart attack, he was like "yoga hosers can't be the last film i made". he got everyone back together and made a series of mini-sequels in this movie. like, he said since he got ben, he essentially made an 8 min chasing amy sequel in the middle of this movie. etc. so, who knows. could be ok, could be a train wreck. i don't have high hopes.

finally watched this last night. boy was it fucking terrible and unnecessary. if he really wanted to give mewes some money to solidify his life, he could have given him what he spent to get a pearl jam song in this film and jay would have been fine. or even just give him whatever this cost to make instead of making this. i haven't seen Tusk or Yoga Hosers, but Red State (which was real good) was almost 10 years ago. if this is what he's going to do, just stick to directing TV episodes... please. let me love mallrats and clerks. i can even deal with "strike back". but this....

Right there with you on this one. I watched it back when it hit streaming. Talk about going where you already went. At least Strikes Back kind of had a greatest hits getting the band back together one last time feel to it at the time. But Smith has gone back to the well so many times since then that this just just feels redundant. And as a worse sin, it's mostly just unfunny. The few talented people he suckered into being in this are totally wasted. I'd say this is a sad end to Smith's Jersey universe, but since he's already written Mallrats 2 and Clerks 3, he'll me milking these characters until Jay and Silent Bob Reboot Strikes Back Reboot Again 4.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

so sad. he's talked about other film ideas many times (like his long-teased hockey film Hit Somebody). why do this to your "legacy", such as it is? was clerks 2 that great? were people asking for more? i'd prefer red state 2. i hope he gets over this post-heart attack midlife crisis era sooner than later. he does have some talent and has been funny.