Re: Good Omens [2019]

wow don't know how i missed this post four years ago, but yes i did watch. i enjoyed it quite a bit and was looking forward to s2. given how long it's been since the first season, i had absolutely little memory of what actually happened in s1, but figured i'd pick up anything important. and i did, it was fine. really sucks that the seasons are so short (6 episodes), but for what's there they make the most of it. it's easily the most british show i've seen in decades, even moreso than dirk gently's holistic detective agency. a lot of farce and over the top dry humor to go along with the obvious commentary on religion. bummed about the very ending of this season, but hopefully they'll get a season 3 to be able to continue where this should go next.

should also mention that i haven't read the book, so have no point of reference other than the show.

bummer that marcus left us, along with tim and most others. fb just isn't a good format for continued discussions like a forum. this, for example - how the fuck would anyone ever find on fb that four years ago marcus wanted to talk about good omens? hopefully if i just keep this around long enough, people will get sick of fb enough to return. anyway, i won't say "great" show, as it's definitely not something that would be universally loved, given how aggressively british it is in its humor and approach, but if you are into that, this is a damn fine show. this season also featured a brief discussion of doctor who, which is amusing given david tennant is one of the leads.