Starship Troopers [series]

TVweb wrote:Jake Busey Confirms Starship Troopers TV Show Talks with Original Cast

It looks like that Starship Troopers TV show with the original cast is closer to happening than originally thought. Jake Busey has confirmed that he and Casper Van Dien have spoken to Ed Neumeier about the series and talked about their potential returning roles. Neumeier first hinted at the TV revival back at the beginning of this year, and fans of the original movie started to get very excited. However, there were no further updates until now.

Back when Starship Troopers screenwriter Ed Neumeier talked about the development of the TV series, he noted that it was his intent to get the original cast on board. The screenwriter noted that he didn't want to "jinx" anything about the show moving forward, but now Jake Busey has a positive update. When asked if he had spoken to Neumeier about the show, Busey confirmed that he had. He explains.

"I still train with Casper (Van Dien), we still work out together and if you look at my Instagram you can see us working out at the gym. Casper has told me about conversations he's had with Ed. So yes, I will corroborate that, yes. (Ed) and Casper have been talking about a series and they've both expressed to me that this time they really want me to be part of it..."

As for what Jake Busey and Casper Van Dien will be doing in the Starship Troopers TV series, Busey believes that they will have more of an authoritative role this time around. It has been over 20 years since the original movie hit theaters and Busey doesn't think that he and Van Dien will be as active in the series. With that being said, it looks like they will still have very important roles. He had this to say about their potential return.

"I think Casper and I would be older men in the battle, in the war room, in the planning room or at the helm of a destroyer but not necessarily boots on the ground. We're old guys now if you're 45 years old you're not going to be running around doing the boot camp thing. But yeah, a TV series would be great."

The original 1997 Starship Troopers starred Casper Van Dien, Denise Richards, Neil Patrick Harris, Dina Myer, Jake Busey, Patrick Muldoon, Clancy Brown, and Michael Ironside. The movie was not a huge success at the box office, though it still made more money than it cost to produce. The movie was trashed by critics, but it has gained a huge cult following over the years and a TV show with some of the original cast would more than likely be pretty huge.

We should get some more news about the Starship Troopers TV series now that we have an update. At the very least, it looks like Jake Busey and Casper Van Dien will be involved if the show ends up turning into a reality. For now, it seems that it is still very much in the early stages of development.