Sharp Objects

the best show currently airing. the way it's shot and edited is masterful. go out of your way to watch this once it hits streaming services if you don't have cable now. hope they stick the landing.

note: i haven't read the book so no idea how faithful or un it is.

Re: Sharp Objects

Wife read the book last week, found it extremely predictable, like Gone Girl. Sounds like the show could improve from there.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

yeah plot-wise it seems pretty obvious from the start but that's almost secondary to what she's going through returning home. the way it's shot and edited together, showing memory flashes, etc., is really unique. and the soundtrack is fantastic of course. at least so far, it's really captured the intensity and tension of her journey. adams is so great.

Watch the finale through the end credits. There are some bizarre bits of backstory thrown randomly in there.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

for sure. it kind of went differently than we thought it would, but it kind of didn't too.
at first we were all very positive the sister had something to do with it, but then we had her mother pegged as well. and all the munchhausen by proxy stuff was kind of a red herring i guess? i mean, she did clearly kill her one daughter and would have killed the others, but didn't kill the other towngirls - that was strictly the daughter (and probably her friends)?
regardless, i really enjoyed it. maybe that's not a great descriptor for this show. i thought i was really well done and well acted and compelling?

Agreed. I thought the overall ending was very true to the idea of toxicity being passed down in families from generation to generation.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."