Jean Claude Van Johnson [Amazon]

wassn't sure what to expect from this series but it is fantastic. so hilarious. the show manages to poke fun at his previous films while not being too "inside jokey" and definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. premise is that JCVD is himself, but that he's also really JCV Johnson, his black op code name, and shooting the movies were his cover for being in whatever location. he's been retired a couple years but wants back in. so we get to see him a) make a new movie (a re-imagining of huckleberry finn as an action film) and b) go on a black op mission. only six episodes which is a bummer but felt about right. was laughing my ass off. i know we had JCVD and his reality show, but this is much better than either of those. complete mockery of what he's done while still doing exactly that. oh and he also plays a guy that is his twin but completely twerpy in a few episodes. if nothing else, watch it for phylicia rashad cussing up a storm. and definitely kat foster.

Re: Jean Claude Van Johnson [Amazon]

man, i'm really, really sad this was canceled. even my wife was upset, she loved it and she doesn't give a shit about '80s action flicks. i mean, it's not for everyone, but i'm not sure why cancel this and keep, say, the tick? strange on amazon's part. my assumption is this was more expensive to produce. i mean, there are explosions, etc.

but this makes me wonder - what happens to something that was only ever available streaming when it's canceled? when we don't have the bargain DVD bins at the local walmart, how will anyone even know it existed? do they just pull it and, poof, it's gone? i hope not, i'd rewatch this. hopefully someone has figured out how to rip it and preserve it for future generations.