Legion (Hawley, 2017, FX)

So perhaps some of you didn't realize the new mutant show on FX was exec produced by Fargo's Noah Hawley, and he wrote and directed the pilot. Suffice to say, the pilot is badass. We tried it a couple times late while looking at other screens and it wasn't grabbing us, which is when I realized I needed to put the laptop down and pay attention. Do that, and you will be rewarded. Up top I punned, Legion was one of the coolest characters in The New Mutants when I was a kid, so far a more benign take than in the comics but they've got plenty of time to go in any number of directions--which is how Legion rolls anyway. No idea if this is supposed to have any level of continuity with the other Fox Marvel properties and could give a shit.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Legion (Hawley, 2017, FX)

finished this yesterday. holy shit is this show fucking awesome. easily one of my favorite TV shows of all time. with all the great TV out there (fargo, better call saul, GoT, etc.), i'm amazed at some of the shows still trucking. example - finished this immediately before watching the walking dead season finale and i have no idea how that show is still on the air. this show was pure cinema, nearly every episode. haven't felt that way since hannibal. so many shots i just wanted to pause and take in. what a fantastic show. cannot recommend this enough.