Letterkenny

[youtube][/youtube]
someone PLEASE figure out a) what crave tv is and b) where we can possibly get this (and S1) in the states. this looks great!

[youtube][/youtube]

Re: Letterkenny

CraveTV is essentially a Netflix for Canada, but is also available on demand to cable subscribers up there. It's not available in the US, but you can watch it illegally of course in a variety of ways. I think someone uploaded a lot of them to Dailymotion.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

finally, this appeared on hulu earlier this year. binged all of them, then just finished s7, which dropped a week or so ago. show is soooooooo fucking great. i love it so much. takes a minute to get into the rhythm but when it clicks, it's great. but goddamn, THAT'S how s7 ends?!?!?!? FUCK!!! hope we don't have to wait a year to find out what happens next.

S9 dropped on Xmas. only 7 episodes. loved it, but I’ll say it wasn’t as funny as previous seasons at all. still funny, just not as. so I’d call S9 a blip. sucks we have to wait so long between seasons.

Finally, Hulu got all 6 episodes of the first season of the spinoff Shoresy. I didn’t know how this was going to go, figured his schtick might wear thin quickly, but it was actually fucking great. Much better than the last couple seasons of Letterkenny, frankly. It was essentially Slapshot: The Series in many ways, all good, and the writing was so tight that it was really pitch-perfect. So much humor and heart in this hockey-loving lug. All the supporting characters were fantastic as well. I hope we get much more Shoresy in our future. I highly recommend taking the less than three hours it takes to watch the whole season and enjoy. You’ll thank me later.

Season 11 of Letterkenny dropped and we watched it all in under three hours. Again, another show that only has six episodes per season, so it’s kind of a bummer that it’s so short, but it was a great season. Different vibe than previous seasons - there wasn’t really a through-line or continuation of any previous plot, they were all stand-alone episodes. There wasn’t even a big fight until the final scene. I quite loved the seasons. The opening of s11e03 was such fantastic writing, I think there were nearly 100 different hockey player references in that one scene. So great. Loved it.

TC wrote: 30/05/22, 19:01:20 Finally, Hulu got all 6 episodes of the first season of the spinoff Shoresy. I didn’t know how this was going to go, figured his schtick might wear thin quickly, but it was actually fucking great. Much better than the last couple seasons of Letterkenny, frankly. It was essentially Slapshot: The Series in many ways, all good, and the writing was so tight that it was really pitch-perfect. So much humor and heart in this hockey-loving lug. All the supporting characters were fantastic as well. I hope we get much more Shoresy in our future. I highly recommend taking the less than three hours it takes to watch the whole season and enjoy. You’ll thank me later.
binged s2 of Shoresy over the weekend. again only 6 episodes, all 30 min or less. i didn't find it to be as good as s1, but it was still pretty damn good. my feeling on this and the main show Letterkenny is that they both have this knack of making consistency seem like they're out of ideas. i don't think that's right, i think it's probably more like how motorhead put out the same record for 40 years. sure, there are moments higher than other moments, but it's generally the same level of comedy as previous seasons, it just doesn't feel as exciting/fresh/new because you've seen it before now. so i don't think a fan is really the best judge of quality season over season. i love the shows, i just hope they spend time polishing the plot lines. the writing is still top notch, but both shows kind of need something to happen.

so, here i am writing about the latest and final season of Letterkenny. i really enjoyed it, as with previous seasons, and was sad to see it go, but really, it was time. tons of people blew through to make their final appearance and say their goodbyes, so to speak. was kind of a weird plotline to close out the show, but it worked for me. here's hoping Shoresy keeps the flag soaring high. thank you, Letterkenny for a fantastic run of 12 seasons. wish they had been longer, but love you for what you did.