Board index General Celluløid Output

Stranger Things

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

Re: Stranger Things

Postby TC on 10/07/19, 08:34:41

finished S3 last night. i was pretty concerned with the first few episodes. again, verrrrry slow. but once it picked up, it was pretty great. a little more "horror" here. huge shout out to "the blob", maybe some "the thing" again, even "the terminator". i saw people saying they were upset with the ending, i don't get that. i thought the ending worked pretty well. lots of good in this season, but man, lots of dumb in this season too. way more dumb than in previous seasons. some of it is due to the fact that they pulled in even more characters. probably doubled the size of the cast of the main storylines. and we got an even younger kid now. you know what makes the "angry black woman" trope worse? her being 10. but, for the most part, pretty enjoyable. the humor was pretty great too.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby _Marcus_ on 19/07/19, 16:04:07

I really liked this season, more so than the second. It's way darker and the Duffer Bros really went for it in a couple of scenes for sure. It's like they channeled their inner Carpenter/Romero at times, mixed with It and yeah, Terminator. Loved the ending and sort of hate to see that a fourth season is already in the works? Would have been a pretty amazing ending for the show as a whole.
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 19/07/19, 16:07:35

yeah, but sounds like the get out of hawkins, which was key. and maybe it centers on hopper, as it seems he's still alive somehow, in russia. so, could be just the change of story/scenery they/we need.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby _Marcus_ on 20/07/19, 09:47:28

Yeah, they sure made a real effort to NOT show Hopper actually dying so I assume he's alive and is the "american" mentioned in the post credits scene. And yeah, they needed out of Hawkins for sure, and the fourth season is already in the works. Just felt that it would have been a very fitting ending IF they had ended it.
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Previous

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output