Exorcist III

Watched this again last night; is it just me or is this a good example of fine trash? I think there's some nice scares, Dourif is excellent in his scenes, and it's barely hurt by a standard special effects ending. I was looking for some good scary movies at the rental shop on Friday, and I became disappointed yet again when I realized that truly scary films are few and far between.

well, not that i would call it "trash", but i have to agree here! i've always said that the Exorcist III was fucking great, just a total surprise. i expected it to suck so badly, and i remember in the theater it was going along, i was half interested, and then - Dourif. he is so perfect in his scenes, his dialog is classic. hell, there was even a "made me jump" scene where the nun comes walking out of the hospital room with those clippers. i'm always trying to turn people on to this movie. glad you liked it!!

Alex I was thinking about you the other night! :roll: There is a special on the Learning Channel or Discovery that is a dcoumentary on the actual events that the Excorcist was based on. Some creepy stuff in there, put it all in perspective when they are interviewing a pysciatrist who is trying to discount it and a priest who was there when it was happening. This thing had it all and if you have cable or a dish try to see it.

Jake, I didn't know you cared! :P Heh, thanks for the heads-up. I'd definitely like to see that (and, sadly, I still have yet to see the full Exorcist from front to back, so I should probably do that too!)