Aquaman [Snyder]

/film wrote:First Official Image Of Jason Momoa As Aquaman Revealed

Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder has been quiet on social media for the past several months, but he returned in a big way late Thursday night. He did so by revealing the first image of Jason Momoa as DC’s Aquaman. See the first Jason Momoa Aquaman movie photo in full below.
Jason-Momoa-Aquaman.jpg
So what’s “Unite the Seven?” Well, it probably refers to the Seven Seas, considering Snyder’s tweet says “There is only one true king.” And Aquaman is the king of the sea. Whether or not that refers to something that happens just in the Aquaman movie, Batman v Superman or maybe even Justice League, we’ll have to wait and see. (Get it?)

Jason Momoa is likely to first appear as Aquaman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which opens in March of 2016. After that, he’ll be in Justice League Part One in November 2017, the solo Aquaman movie on July 27, 2018, and then Justice League Part Two in June 2019. So we’re going to get very used to this face.

As for the image itself, the armor is pretty awesome and functional. That new trident – which isn’t really a trident since it has five points – is pretty bad ass too. It’ll be interesting to see what fans think of it.

Snyder himself has a very high opinion of Aquaman as a character. Last summer, he called a Detroit radio station to talk about him long before any of this Jason Momoa stuff was officially confirmed:
You guys were disparaging, a little bit, Aquaman…I don’t want to give anything away about the movie or anything like that but Aquaman has some cool abilities. People are like, “Oh what? Does he talk to animals? Cause that seems like what he does. Or fish?” The cool thing with Aquaman is his Trident. So you have to realize that could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact. That’s a thing that’s in the canon. He’s super strong cause of course he can exist at these super deep depths so when he comes up here he’s crazy strong. Anyway, not to say he’s in my movie or anything like that but he has the potential to be bad ass, that’s all I’m saying.
Well, we know he’s in your movie now, Zack. You just revealed the first image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman to the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Aquaman [Snyder]

Have to say, while I'm quite a bit less interested in DC properties than Marvel, they seem to have taken the right angle with Aquaman so far. A badass Poseidon look works a lot better than most anything else they could have done.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

This now has a director — James Wan. Penned by Kurt Johnstad ("300," "300: Rise of an Empire"). Wait, those movies had scripts?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Yahoo wrote:At Fan Expo Canada Momoa said: “It’s cute and funny. People make fun of him. There’s a bunch of jokes about him, but I’m like, ‘Just wait. Let’s just wait a little bit, and then you can make jokes.‘”

Later that month Momoa told Entertainment Weekly: “The whole mythology of Aquaman is pretty amazing. There’s so many things to tell, and there’s a whole backstory that’s just amazing.

“There’s a lot of surprises coming. I think, yeah, he’s been cast aside [in the past]. But times are going to change now, buddy. We don’t want to just reinvent it, but [Snyder has] got a whole idea of what Aquaman should be and I’m really honoured to be playing it. I’m excited for the world to see it.”

Looks like Wan may be bolting from Aquaman.
Birth.Death.Movies wrote:Crisis On Finite DC Movieverses
THE FLASH loses a director. Will more filmmakers leave?
By DEVIN FARACI Apr. 29, 2016

Director Seth Grahame-Smith has left The Flash. The official explanation: "creative differences."

Sources at WB tell me that this is just one part of what's going on behind the scenes at the DC movieverse. Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns were taken aback at critical and audience reaction to Batman v Superman, I'm told, and WB execs have found themselves at odds with Snyder over his vision for Justice League and the DC movieverse going forward. Of course Justice League was scheduled to start shooting mere days after BvS was released, which meant WB couldn't take any definitive action - like removing Snyder or delaying the movie to make changes - without poisoning the box office for BvS. The result? Lots of fights between Snyder and the WB execs, and lots of pressure from Burbank on Snyder, who is shooting in London.

I'm not sure what the exact nature of the creative differences on The Flash are, but I'm being told that this may not be the only movie impacted by the aftermath of BvS. According to multiple, reliable sources James Wan is feeling a tremendous amount of trepidation about Aquaman. It's important to remember two things - Fast 7 was a very difficult process for him, even without Paul Walker's tragic death, and James Wan doesn't really need Aquaman. With The Conjuring 2 and Lights Out (which he produced), Wan will be owning WB's summer slate, bringing in a lot of money with movies that cost a fraction of Aquaman. Aquaman needs Wan, and right now Wan is trying to decide if he needs that hassle.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out. Wan has the upper hand on Aquaman, so maybe he'll be able to make that work in his favor. I keep hearing that it could be delayed in an attempt to get the film right, but who knows. Justice League is going to be Justice League, no matter how hard the studio rides Snyder. As for the rest of the slate - Suicide Squad, the weird side movie, looks like it's the hail mary pass for the DC Movieverse, at least until guaranteed winner The Batman gets here.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

see response to other DC tentpole movie thread. other directors saw zach snyder's vision and are running for the hills. does not bode well for DC. they'd better make a move before they lose everyone.

TC wrote:see response to other DC tentpole movie thread. other directors saw zach snyder's vision and are running for the hills. does not bode well for DC. they'd better make a move before they lose everyone.
I'm still holding out hope that Suicide Squad will be the saving grace of the DCU. The trailer doesn't look too bad and it seems like Synder had little to do with it beyond slapping his name on it as executive producer.

Alexhead wrote:Wan came out today and said he's not going anywhere.
Actually he didn't really. All he did was post a picture of him next to a wall with Aquaman art. But he did stick up for the person who originally posted the story about the troubles by telling people not to attack him. A mixed message at best. Probably more likely what is going to happen is what the article mentioned about it being delayed so they can get it right, and Snyder being sidelined a bit more from involvement in the overall DCU.

Yeah, I saw more details after posting that. i just don't think the DCEU is going to threaten Marvel any time soon, although they'll make their money.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Yeah, I saw more details after posting that. i just don't think the DCEU is going to threaten Marvel any time soon, although they'll make their money.
Yeah, we're not talking Fantastic Four failure here yet for DC. But Bat V Supes has to be a disappointment for them. They brought Batman in as a ringer to help boost the box office of what would have otherwise been the second solo Superman film, yet the film didn't end up making that much more than Man of Steel. On the flip side, it made a lot less than the last two solo Batman films. I think they were hoping for Avengers money by jumping straight to the big three and instead wound up with Spider-man 3 money (thought if you adjust for inflation Spidey 3 kicked it's ass). DC is going about this all backwards. Marvel built up the characters solo, getting people used to them and hooked on them first. No one gave two shits about seeing Iron Man in a film until Robert Downey Jr. owned the role and they developed a beloved character in the first film. By the time people got to Avengers they were pumped to see him interacting with the other characters they'd grown to like via the other films too. If Marvel had started with Avengers I don't see it working as well and certainly having the box office appeal it did. DC is being impatient and greedy and trying to go for the Avengers upfront without putting in the work with audiences first. Is there anyone really going, yay I want to go see Justice League because I can't wait to see Cyborg?! Aside from a few diehard comic fans of the character, not likely. But who knows, if they'd rocked a Cyborg film first who knows, maybe people would be more jazzed.

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Yeah, I saw more details after posting that. i just don't think the DCEU is going to threaten Marvel any time soon, although they'll make their money.
Yeah, we're not talking Fantastic Four failure here yet for DC. But Bat V Supes has to be a disappointment for them. They brought Batman in as a ringer to help boost the box office of what would have otherwise been the second solo Superman film, yet the film didn't end up making that much more than Man of Steel. On the flip side, it made a lot less than the last two solo Batman films. I think they were hoping for Avengers money by jumping straight to the big three and instead wound up with Spider-man 3 money (thought if you adjust for inflation Spidey 3 kicked it's ass). DC is going about this all backwards. Marvel built up the characters solo, getting people used to them and hooked on them first. No one gave two shits about seeing Iron Man in a film until Robert Downey Jr. owned the role and they developed a beloved character in the first film. By the time people got to Avengers they were pumped to see him interacting with the other characters they'd grown to like via the other films too. If Marvel had started with Avengers I don't see it working as well and certainly having the box office appeal it did. DC is being impatient and greedy and trying to go for the Avengers upfront without putting in the work with audiences first. Is there anyone really going, yay I want to go see Justice League because I can't wait to see Cyborg?! Aside from a few diehard comic fans of the character, not likely. But who knows, if they'd rocked a Cyborg film first who knows, maybe people would be more jazzed.
this. they FEEL like copycats now, when they could be making unique stand-alone films while marvel is doing all the team-ups to differentiate themselves. i suppose they are trying to get there, but meh. just feels like "hey guys, what about me?" or
[youtube][/youtube]

I keep seeing all of these superhero movies 'cause my son likes them, but even he had a tough time getting through two and a half hours of this trash. How Wonder Woman came out of DC they way it did, I'll never understand because every other DC movie is just terrible from start to finish.

Wonder Woman wasn't exactly outstanding either, though by DC standards I guess it was. It doesn't have much of a villain (a common issue with DC films) and as Melania likely tells Trump often, the climax just left me cold and unfulfilled.

Yeah, I guess it benefits from all other DC movies being disasters. But I liked the tone they set out for, it had some heart and soul and even though the end is dreadful, the packade held together. Aquaman on the other hand... Woof.

Also - I wan't to murder the person(s) responsible for injecting random, very loudly mixed and completely unfitting for the scene, songs throughout the film. That Toto/rap/remix-thing... MURDER!