Re: Suicide Squad

_Marcus_ wrote:Yeah, I saw him. But how big of a role does he have?
I suspect just a cameo. If I was going to speculate, the scene we see him in is a flashback to when the Joker and Harley were last caught, leading her to be in the prison to be recruited by Waller. That's my theory anyway.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

It looks like it has more potential than Bat vs Supes anyway. Maybe because of a lack of Zack Snyder. It's always hard to know from how they cut trailers, but they seem to be relying on the Joker a lot more than I'd expect. Usually he is just a minor background character in Suicide Squad stories.

darkness wrote:Maybe because of a lack of Zack Snyder.
Ayer is a better filmmaker, so it at least has that as an advantage.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

_Marcus_ wrote:Anyone else feel like they're trying a biiiit to hard?
With marketing? I think they want to make sure people know this isn't the turdfest that was Batman V Superman.

TC wrote:the whole fucking thing looks like hot topic exploded onto the screen.
If only someone said that before. ;)
darkness on Mon May 04, 2015 wrote:Seems the costume designer for Harley Quinn just said, "Fuck it, I'm not wasting my time with this shit. Here's $50, go run and pick something up at Hot Topic."
Joker looks like the weak part of the film. Why are all the villains in the DC movies batshit over the top crazy? Luthor, Joker, Zod. Subtlety is not the DCU's strong point.

I'm hoping most of this is just marketing and not reflective of the film itself. Well, the Joke is of course. But hopefully he's not in it much and they're just playing up the character in trailers, again for promotion.

nope, it's real: http://io9.gizmodo.com/movie-review-sui ... 1784666704

the soundtrack & that joker will prevent me from paying to see this film. reading that mostly spoiler-free review, he says it was "disappointing" - i do not understand this sentiment. seeing the trailers, how could you possibly think this was going to be great? a shit ton of characters, 90% of which we have absolutely zero back story on (in the DC movieverse), which of course means trying to shoehorn multiple origin stories into one movie length presentation while also cultivating some sort of plot and/or reason we care about any of them? it's a fucking disaster waiting to happen. "disappointed", pfft. DC would have been better off making films of all the solo shit they are throwing on netflix and making a netflix series out of this ensemble show where they can spend as much time as necessary on one while moving it along. ass-backwards.

I don't understand why DC can get their animated films so right, yet fuck up the live action stuff so easily. Hell, there's literally an animated suicide squad film, and it's pretty good. Though given what they did with Killing Joke, it seems maybe the foul odor from the live action side is creeping into the animated side now too. Is anyone running the ship over there? You know, a lot of people bitch about how Marvel is tight on control of things and doesn't give directors all the freedom they might want. But DC is making a pretty a pretty good case for why that's not always a bad thing.