Re: Labyrinth 2

I'm skeptical of anything the Henson company does after his death. It's been made pretty clear since then by the many subpar or outright bad projects that he was the creative heart of everything. The Henson company should just do something new instead of pissing on the things that once made them great.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: Labyrinth 2

well this is certainly odd:
io9 wrote:The New Labyrinth Movie Spin-Off Now Has a Promising Director and Writer

Last year, news broke that there was going to be another movie set in the Labyrinth universe. It was called everything from a reboot to a sequel and, since David Bowie had just passed away when it happened, everyone was upset and confused. Now, there’s a director and writer on board, along with some clarification about its premise.

Deadline reports that Tri-Star has picked director Fede Alvarez (Don’t Breathe, Evil Dead) and writer Jay Basu (Monsters: Dark Continent) for its new Labyrinth movie. And it’s not a reboot or a sequel, everyone was very clear to Deadline. It’s just, you know, a movie set in that universe. Presumably some of the original characters will be referenced or shown—I don’t really know how it’s a satisfying movie if they aren’t.

Honestly, the most frustrating thing is for people to say two stories share a universe but that nothing really ties them together. Alvarez and Basu will have to carefully to navigate the beloved figures that are at the center of Labyrinth, while still managing to get the style right without just remaking the first film. This is such a tough thing to be asked to do, and I wish them all the luck in the world.