Re: Twin Peaks [2017]

darkness wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:
Also, Richard Horne being the son of Audrey pretty much confirmed huh?
Unless he's Donna's kid. We don't really know what happened to after the whole "You're my father" bit happened. He might have decided to become a part of the Horne family for the money.
But that wouldn't make Sylvia Horne his grandmother then. It's clearly established in the first show that Ben Horne and Eileen Hayward had something going on back in the day. So Donna is out of the question.

Richard is what is going to bring Audrey back into town, I'm sure. My guess is she's been out of Twin Peaks for the better part of the 25 years that has passed and his doings brings her back. Then she plays a part in saving Cooper, like he saved her.

Also - I don't think neither Cooper nor Audrey will be the main hero that saves all of this. It's Laura, in some form. She is coming back.

Another thing I've thought of while enjoying the show is how Lynch swap verbal communication with visual, and rely heavily on audiovisual communication as a replacement for the visual. The last thing was a big part of the first show, for sure, but he's upped the ante in this season. The latest, brilliant, use of it was when
Richard Horne assaulted Miriam in her trailer. The steady shot of the trailer, on a beautiful sunny day, combined with the sounds coming from inside was even more disturbing to watch than actually seeing what was happening. Likewise with the scenes featuring Ike the Spike going on his murderous rampage in the office.
Lynch also relies on the viewer to be fully immersed and totally focused on what's happening, as he so often does. Small, tiny visual cues tell bigger stories throughout the series and he and Frost don't rely on verbal exposition to set something up the way an ordinary show would have. I love it, and it keeps the viewer on edge all the time.

_Marcus_ wrote:The latest, brilliant, use of it was when
Richard Horne assaulted Miriam in her trailer. The steady shot of the trailer, on a beautiful sunny day, combined with the sounds coming from inside was even more disturbing to watch than actually seeing what was happening. Likewise with the scenes featuring Ike the Spike going on his murderous rampage in the office.
agree. also love
how you don't really see her, either. the door is center frame but it's a reflection of richard. so great.

TC wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:The latest, brilliant, use of it was when
agree. also love
how you don't really see her, either. the door is center frame but it's a reflection of richard. so great.
Oh yeah, absolutely.

_Marcus_ wrote:
darkness wrote:
But that wouldn't make Sylvia Horne his grandmother then.
He just called her grandmother, that doesn't mean she is. If they took him in as one of their own, he would call her grandmother. I don't know, I just don't see Audrey having a kid that awful. Unless he's the child of doppel Coop.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
He just called her grandmother, that doesn't mean she is. If they took him in as one of their own, he would call her grandmother. I don't know, I just don't see Audrey having a kid that awful. Unless he's the child of doppel Coop.
Right, well I still believe that Dark Cooper has something to do with Richard so the theory of him being his father (after raping Audrey in the hospital, or at least using her trust of Cooper to his advantage) is still highly possible. And disturbing.

_Marcus_ wrote:
darkness wrote:
Right, well I still believe that Dark Cooper has something to do with Richard so the theory of him being his father (after raping Audrey in the hospital, or at least using her trust of Cooper to his advantage) is still highly possible. And disturbing.
i pretty much thought this was a given at this point. i'd be very surprised if it was something else. then again,
still baffled at that diane shit, so what do i know?

ok, so....
they finally bring audrey back, and it's for THAT?? what the hell was that anyway? i haven't looked, but i imagine people are supremely pissed about last night's episode. pretty much whole lotta nothing happened outside of that, too. as i said, i'm not trying to pass judgement on or "figure out" any individual episode, will wait until we have a complete picture, but my assumption is that lynch told us all from the beginning many years ago - he loves these characters and the mind-place they occupy. he couldn't care less if anything "happened", just wants to hang with them some more. personally, was amazing to finally hear what the "blue rose" is about. but at the same time, kind of anticlimactic, as i'm not used to lynch explaining anything. still baffled why they are including diane on this when they clearly know she's communicating with mr. C.

things that were maddening: the french girl, albert in general (old albert would have had plenty to say about that entire scene, and i miss him), audrey
things that were good: jerry horne finally figuring out how to move his foot i guess, carl's anti-selling-blood stance, blue rose, sarah palmer's episode (and the return of the phillip jeffries music under it)

Lynch severely trolled us last night. This and 9 did not have the forward momentum that everything else has. I mean, it's OK, things clearly will be coming to a head but with only six episodes (ever? I'm guessing so) left, you do a bit of :bang: even when you know he's specifically fucking with the audience with the elaborate exit of his new French fuck. However, I have to admit the absurd indulgent glory of not one but two scenes with Lynch lounging around with friends/lovers drinking wine is kind of fun in its own way. I suspect it will all flow nicely as a complete piece. And the deterioration of the town continues as it builds towards that portal opening again.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:also
how the fuck did truman not ask ben where the key came from???? UGH
Ben told him it arrived via mail.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
TC wrote:also
how the fuck did truman not ask ben where the key came from???? UGH
Ben told him it arrived via mail.
last time i checked, mail has a return address. but now that i'm thinking about it, it was just dropped in the box sans envelope, as you were supposed to do with those. so disregard my anger at this.

Sooo... Yeah, immediately after the episode ended, I was truly dissapointed as I have never been before during this third season. It started off so strong but then took a nosedive as the episode progressed. I didn't feel the humor in the dragged out scenes in this one either, it was just... dragged out.

But.

I have a sneaky feeling that the things happened in this episode (or didn't happen, to be honest) will be of huge importance when the big picture is clear. There is no way Lynch and Frost (Frost with his storytelling background especially) would let an episode like this just exist without, for example, all of the references to names we haven't heard before actually being very important. Now, looking back on it, this episode feels like a puzzle that they want us to solve. Doesn't really change the way I felt about the episode as a stand-alone thing, but it has me intrigued for sure. As we have seen time and time again on this show, pretty much anything that feels like it's of no importance what so ever, has a deeper meaning. Just look at the license plate thing on the Carlmobile, ffs.

Gonna go ahead and edit this post with findings/theories:
1. Sarah Palmer is possessed by BOB. Explains her moodswings, explain the strange things happening in the Palmer house and also explains patches of grey hair in her forehead...

_Marcus_ wrote:
1. Sarah Palmer is possessed by BOB. Explains her moodswings, explain the strange things happening in the Palmer house and also explains patches of grey hair in her forehead...
nah.
she's possessed by massive depression. although, don't know what's happening in the kitchen. the audrey thing, that has to be her psychologist or something, right? the explosion, being raped by mr. c, richard, etc., all drove her to psychosis and he is playing along. no way she'd marry that guy. right?

also read a pretty funny theory that we just witnessed an episode of the updated invitation to love that she's acting in lol. yeah, except the cursing and mentioning roadhouse.

TC wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:
nah.
she's possessed by massive depression. although, don't know what's happening in the kitchen. the audrey thing, that has to be her psychologist or something, right? the explosion, being raped by mr. c, richard, etc., all drove her to psychosis and he is playing along. no way she'd marry that guy. right?

also read a pretty funny theory that we just witnessed an episode of the updated invitation to love that she's acting in lol. yeah, except the cursing and mentioning roadhouse.
Yeah, the first theory about Audrey is way better than the other one for sure. I don't know man, there's something otherwordly about Sarah during that scene with Hawk. The fan outside of Lauras room was spinning, which indicates the presence of BOB. Also the way the sound design worked in that scene... There's was something absolutely evil about her when she opened the door.
Also, just rewatched the episode and it is way better the second time around for some reason.

_Marcus_ wrote:Also, just rewatched the episode and it is way better the second time around for some reason.
Yup. Any episode that seemed "meh" on the first viewing has appreciably improved the second time through.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:Also, just rewatched the episode and it is way better the second time around for some reason.
Yup. Any episode that seemed "meh" on the first viewing has appreciably improved the second time through.
yeah can't wait to binge watch the whole series.

and yeah marcus, agree on that.