Re: Twin Peaks [2017]

O-dot wrote:
Also: Is last night going to be our only reference to Annie in these 18 parts?
I'm pretty sure she will be mentioned again, but not show up. My guess? She's gone back to the convent after what happened to her. Thinking that maybe Norma will give us a throwaway line about it at some point.

_Marcus_ wrote:
– When we first saw Gordon Cole, he was whistling something that I am 99 percent sure was the opening the Rammstein song "Engel". Which would make sense since Lynch pretty much is responsible for their rise to fame when he used them in Lost Highway.
yeah i thought the same thing. which is in and of itself pretty hilarious.
_Marcus_ wrote:
- Laura Dern as Diane? Incredible. Just incredible. "Fuck you, Tammy."
yeah i do love her diane. but i have a hard time believing cooper would have put up with that attitude very long. so my assumption is whatever happened when dark cooper (obviously) visited her completely flipped her shit. which i'm also betting we will never find out what happened.
_Marcus_ wrote:
- I'm still not convinced we won't get to see Harry S Truman in some form before the show is over.

- Great to see Warren Frost get some screen-time before his passing.

- That humming in the Great Northern. That's Josie. I'm sure of it. There's something in those wooden walls of that place...
I'm kind of giddy after this part. Wow.
on point one, i agree. i feel like as much as he's being talked about, to, and referenced, he has to show up at some point. or he dies of cancer very quickly. weird either way.
point two was a complete shock to me. i thought he passed long before lynch filmed anything. i was not expecting that at all. loved it so much, teared up.
third point, i don't know. feels like a red herring.

_Marcus_ wrote:And also this:
This is my favorite find from the Twin Peaks community so far, I think. There really seems to be something intentional about it and I LOVE IT.
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING.

_Marcus_ wrote:
Also - have you guys been reading about the interesting theories regarding a shift in time during the final scene in the RR Diner? Check this out for starters
that's continuity errors, right?

TC wrote:
_Marcus_ wrote:
Also - have you guys been reading about the interesting theories regarding a shift in time during the final scene in the RR Diner? Check this out for starters
that's continuity errors, right?
Those are some major continuity errors then. Sure, maybe miss the placement of one extra, or one jacket on an extra. But this is... major.

last night's episode was unbelievable. was like watching big budget experimental cinema. also possible we were simply watching the extended version of the complete NIN music video that was on right before. i'm not entirely sure what i watched. but i do know i've never seen anything like it on TV and am still amazed.

It was marvelous, equal parts beautiful and horrifying. Have watched it three times now, will probably watch it three times more in the next 24 hours or so.

As far as Harry goes, Ontkean made it pretty clear he's retired from acting, I think these phone conversations are a slow and graceful way of killing him off, off camera.They have way too much other shit to unpack these days than to worry about Harry. As I've been telling others, Forster was the original pick for the role anyway, so between that and us never getting to spend much time with him in Mulholland Drive, having him step in now seems perfect. Let Forster collect the new TP glory.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I'm pretty sure the lack of Ontkean is health related. He was gungho about it and then suddenly dropped out. That sounds like health issue that came on quickly. And the phone calls are the shows way of wishing him well.
I've watched the last episode six times already. Four yesterday alone. I'm still on awe this is on television. I actually tried sending Showtime an email thanking them, but I could only find addresses for if you want to complain about a problem.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:I'm pretty sure the lack of Ontkean is health related. He was gungho about it and then suddenly dropped out. That sounds like health issue that came on quickly. And the phone calls are the shows way of wishing him well.
I've watched the last episode six times already. Four yesterday alone. I'm still on awe this is on television. I actually tried sending Showtime an email thanking them, but I could only find addresses for if you want to complain about a problem.
send them an email complaining that there isn't a "praise" email address.

and yeah, literally the best thing that's ever been on TV, since s3e1-2. all the "miss twin peaks pageant" and "save the pine weasel" cherry pie fans are losing their shit that this isn't the TP they loved. i'm praising this is finally the twin peaks that should be. also, i find trying to judge these episodes stand-alone is ridiculous. that's like judging the mona lisa by a close-up image of her forehead when you have no idea what the rest of the image looks like. i judge these episodes on stand-alone artistic merit, not on storytelling or how it ties into the general narrative. we have 10 hours left, more than double what we've seen already.

TC wrote:
darkness wrote:I'm pretty sure the lack of Ontkean is health related. He was gungho about it and then suddenly dropped out. That sounds like health issue that came on quickly. And the phone calls are the shows way of wishing him well.
send them an email complaining that there isn't a "praise" email address.

and yeah, literally the best thing that's ever been on TV, since s3e1-2. all the "miss twin peaks pageant" and "save the pine weasel" cherry pie fans are losing their shit that this isn't the TP they loved. i'm praising this is finally the twin peaks that should be. also, i find trying to judge these episodes stand-alone is ridiculous. that's like judging the mona lisa by a close-up image of her forehead when you have no idea what the rest of the image looks like. i judge these episodes on stand-alone artistic merit, not on storytelling or how it ties into the general narrative. we have 10 hours left, more than double what we've seen already.
Could not agree more with what you guys say. I kinda love how the coffe and doughnuts-fans can't handle the pureness of Lynch and Frost's vision with this show. This IS uncut Twin Peaks and I'm in awe of every episode. Fuck man, Twin Peaks has defined so much of my life since I first saw it. I wouldn't be here, typing this, if it wasn't for Twin Peaks (actually wrote a short essay last year about how the show has brought me to where I am today...). And I could not be happier with what we are getting from Lynch and Frost.