Re: Twin Peaks [2016]

Sounds like corporate-speak for "go Cheney yourself." I hope something gets worked out (paging Netflix!) but not counting on it.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Everyone keeps bringing up Netflix. But CBS Networks, who owns Showtime, owns the rights to Peaks. It's more likely we'll see a Lynchless Peaks on Showtime than it goes to a non-CBS owned entity.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Variety wrote: ‘Twin Peaks': Showtime, Others Work to Bring David Lynch Back

Cynthia Littleton
Managing Editor: Television
@Variety_Cynthia

The fate of the “Twin Peaks” revival is still up in the air but efforts to get the project back on track with David Lynch on board as director are said to be intensifying.

Showtime topper David Nevins has reached out to Lynch directly to discuss the impasse over the series budget. Others connected to the project have been trying to find creative solutions that would allow Lynch to rejoin the fold.

Plans for Lynch and “Twin Peaks” co-creator Mark Frost to produce a sequel to the original ABC series were thrown in doubt Sunday after Lynch announced via Twitter that he was quitting the project over budget issues.

The situation with the famously eccentric director has been complicated by what sources say was the fact that Lynch had not been in contact with his longtime lawyer, Tom Hansen of Hansen Jacobson, before announcing his decision to depart. He is not believed to be repped by an agent or manager at the moment.

Hansen could not immediately be reached for comment on Wednesday evening.

Showtime announced in October plans to produce nine new episodes of “Twin Peaks,” picking up where the cult-fave ABC series left off in 1991. Showtime set a production deal directly with Frost and Lynch, who control the rights to the series — a rarity for writers even back in the days of the original series.

The tussle over the budget emerged after Lynch and Frost turned in the nine scripts they co-wrote and it became clear that the cost of production would be significantly higher than the budgets outlined in the original deal. Sources said Showtime was willing to kick in more coin but asked for concessions in other areas, including the profit participation definitions for Lynch and Frost.

Lynch had been on board to direct all nine episodes. Frost is said to be committed to the project and was also taken by surprise by Lynch’s public statements.

Showtime is understood to be wary of proceeding without Lynch out of concern that the show’s hard-core fans would trash any effort to produce a sequel series without him, even though he has already co-written the nine scripts.

A “Save Twin Peaks” petition has been circulating on the Internet, and on Wednesday some actors from the original series posted a video blasting the notion of “Twin Peaks” returning without Lynch at the helm. However, the list did not include the series’ leading man, Kyle MacLachlan, who is confirmed to star in the revival.

The situation with the famously eccentric director has been complicated by what sources say was the fact that Lynch had not been in contact with his longtime lawyer, Tom Hansen of Hansen Jacobson, before announcing his decision to depart. He is not believed to be repped by an agent or manager at the moment.
Oh, that's reassuring.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Still holding out hope. Seems there has been a groundswell of positive activity this week, which was probably Lynch's plan all along.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TC wrote:he's not wrong,
He is wrong. He seems to operate under the "Lynch owes us because we're his fans" mentality which just makes him an asshole. He doesn't really offer up any proof of Lynch disappointing his fans beyond the current situation. He somewhat dismisses Fire With With Me which as far as I'm concerned is Lynch's greatest film. He throws in a token mention of a couple of old unproduced Lynch films which were only unproduced because the financing fell through (in the case of Ronnie Rocket the backing studios went bankrupt - twice!). He's pissy because Lynch only makes a few films sparsely while ignoring the fact that Lynch hits it out of the part every single time he does (well, maybe not Dune entirely but we all know that story).

So the news is reporting Showtime has signed some guy named David Lynch to direct the entire new series of Peaks which is now more than nine episodes. I've heard good things about this Lynch dude so this seems like a good development.

at-the-time letterman interviews with TP cast: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors/da ... nterviews/

some oddities:
ashbrook - he talks about bill cosby. kind of (very) creepy now.
kyle - no walk-on music? dave asks if dune being a failure bothers him.
tamblyn - the peter sellers story ruled.
kimmy - again no walk-on music. weird. dave says the giant is a space monster. she is loco.
lynch - "how do you get that elf to talk backwards?" holy shit, he talks about ronnie rocket! goddamnit i wish he could have done this.
kimmy again - looks like she just woke up. goes with her personality.
james - seems like a nice guy, i just hope his character died in a fire 25 years ago.
joan chen interview from prior to TP.