Re: Twin Peaks [2017]

Oh man. Ten more fucking days. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a show or a movie.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

klimov wrote:None of those images have the power of the Lynch in his prime, but still, hoping it'll be good.
ok, assuming we're actually going to do this with a teaser, i'll bite - like what? show me a 1:1 where this just doesn't work but something similar "from his prime" did.

The promos so far have been "here's Cooper 25 years later", "here's Andy 25 years later", "here's Lucy 25 years later", etc. Never "here's a great shot/idea by David Lynch". And the few glimpses we've seen of new material (eg. the tart in the motel room) are distinctly underwhelming. But like I say, I'm still hoping it's going to be good.

I could see that being a planned thing. Still, sounds about as useful as the rest of the book, which is to say not very. I got bored and stopped reading pretty quickly.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

TV line interview with lynch here: https://tvline.com/2017/05/19/twin-peak ... vid-lynch/

a couple tidbits:
TVLINE | One thing you did release ahead of time was a very lengthy list of all the cast members participating in the revival. Of course, my eyes immediately focused on the names that were missing, like Lara Flynn Boyle. I was a big fan of the Donna character and was disappointed to see that she wouldn’t be in it. Why isn’t she in it?
These days people love strange Hollywood side stories that have nothing to do with the film. You can go talk to Lara Flynn Boyle. This is a story that takes place without her.

TVLINE | Is there an aspect of the original series you are most proud of?
The pilot is the only thing I am particularly, extremely proud of. There were great moments along the way. The second season sucked.
LOL.