Re: Evil Dead TV

Too bad it won't be on in the fall, but maybe they're tired of losing all the undead media attention to The Walking Dead franchise.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Think it's perfect to drop it in the release dead zone so more people will watch.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Officially cancelled:
Hollywood Reporter wrote:'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Canceled at Starz

Bruce Campbell's comedic follow-up to 'Evil Dead' will wrap with its April 29 series finale.
Bruce Campbell is putting his chainsaw down.

Starz has opted to cancel Ash vs. Evil Dead, its small-screen offshoot of the Evil Dead films. The Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert gore-filled comedy's April 29 season three finale will now serve as its series wrap-up.

"Ash vs. Evil Dead has taken audiences on a wild ride for three seasons thanks to the fantastic performances and creative efforts of Sam, Bruce, Rob, and the entire cast and crew. We are proud to send the show out with a bang … and a splat," said Carmi Zlotnik, president of programming at Starz.

The comedy launched in 2015 to 437,000 same-day viewers and was renewed before its season premiere had aired. Never a ratings breakout, Ash saw its ratings haul dwindle over the years, with its April 15 installment slipping to 175,000 viewers (sans DVR).

"Ash vs. Evil Dead has been the ride of a lifetime," Campbell said. "Ash Williams was the role of a lifetime. It was an honor to reunite with Evil Dead partners Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi to give our tireless fans another taste of the outrageous horror/comedy they demanded. I will always be grateful to Starz for the opportunity to revisit the franchise that launched our careers."

The series finale, airing at 9 p.m., will see the Ghostbeaters put to the ultimate test to defeat a global demon infestation whose epicenter is Elk Grove, Michigan. Ash and company will gear up for battle one last time to save the world.
The decision to wrap the series, which was produced in-house, comes as Starz has been honing its scripted approach with series including recent critical favorite Counterpart as well as the upcoming Sweetbitter and Vida. The premium cabler's roster of scripted fare also includes American Gods, Outlander, Howard's End and Power. Ash joins recently canceled Survivor's Remorse at Starz.
I have to confess, I only made it half way through season one. It's been piling up on the hard drive, but I have been in any hurry to watch it. Guess I can binge it now knowing there's an end at least.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

fuck that. it's a great series, still lots more to explore and more stories to tell. i hope netflix picks this up, it's a more appropriate home than some also-ran premium channel. this show was the only reason i subscribed to starz.

I've found S3 a slog, to be honest. It feels like they only had the story worked out for the first two years, and this time they've been fishing for ideas. The last couple of episodes have been stronger, but I think they've been scraping for ideas for the most part.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Stopped watching about halfway through S2. It was fun but I felt like I'd had my fill.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Well, that was a solid finale. Although it makes me wish the whole season had been in the vein of that final 2-3 minutes. Now that Bruce has retired the character, we'll just have to make do with thoughts of what could have been.