Re: Marvel/Netflix series

I finally finished Luke Cage and am about halfway through Iron Fist. Cage kind of dragged a bit at the end but I still liked it. But damn, Iron Fist is pretty awful. First of the Netflix Marvel's to be a dud. Hopefully they just relegate him being a side player in Defenders and don't bother with a season 2.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

I feel about the same, but didn't give Iron Fist any attention past the lame pilot. There's too much good t.v. and life's short.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:End up being decent?
Nope. It was hard to get through the whole thing, though I managed to. What you got in the pilot is pretty much what you got for the whole series. A good editor could have probably knocked the whole story down to about four episodes. Not to mention I don't think it would have stood on it's own without past references from the other series. Iron Fist is clearly the Hawkeye of the Defenders.

It's not Netflix, but since it's an eight episode miniseries I figured I'd put it here rather than start a new thread.

[youtube][/youtube]

Doesn't look very good. Also it's from the same showrunner as Iron Fist. Really Marvel, of all your series to get someone from you pick the worst one?

Even worse, it's from the showrunner for fucking Dexter. I have zero interest outside of the little bastard from GoT being the bad guy. They'll figure out a way to fuck that up too, no doubt.

I attended a panel this past weekend with Mike Colter and Finn Jones. Colter's hilarious, Finn's superfluous. Hope Iron Fist gets the least amount of screen time in The Defenders.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

The Punisher [series]

so i haven't watched any of the marvel netflix stuff. none. i always loved the punisher as a character in the '80's. the last incarnation i saw of him on the screen was the workprint of dolph lundgren's version. i'm 5 episodes into the series and it's fucking great. makes me feel like i really need to go back and watch war zone and daredevil. very well done.

Re: The Punisher [series]

I'm a sucker for DD because he's always been my favorite superhero, but aside from yet again not great casting of the main character, the series overall is pretty solid, especially if you know the comics from the 80s. Kingpin is easily one of the best villains of the MCU.

Re: The Punisher [series]

Alexhead wrote:I'm a sucker for DD because he's always been my favorite superhero, but aside from yet again not great casting of the main character, the series overall is pretty solid, especially if you know the comics from the 80s. Kingpin is easily one of the best villains of the MCU.
wait, what? i hope you're talking about DD. bernthal is the perfect punisher.

as for DD, i still have two episodes of S1 left but i'm digging it. main guy has grown on me.

Yeah, I was talking about DD. Bernthal IS perfect as Punisher, great casting. Just watched the first episode of that over the weekend, pretty solid.

TC wrote:just finished S1 of DD, loved it. man can't believe i slept on this one. looks like S2 brings punisher and elektra. looking forward to it.

S2 is probably better than S1, just for the fact that the new additions are great and the old cast (minus Foggy, I kind of hate him) does better work for the most part.

i kind of hate foggy too, but i also kind of love him. i thought the middle episodes of S2 were really kind of slow and out of place. they gave you no indication that there was going to be a way it all tied together. when it does, it certainly picks up. i do have lots of unanswered questions but am really stoked now for S3. mid-S2, i was worried.