Under The Skin

DH wrote:Beautiful, Unsettling "Under the Skin" Trailer

While the first reviews from the world premiere in Venice showed a quite divided reaction to the film itself, the love for the first trailer for Jonathan Glazer's "Under The Skin" has been near unanimous.

The film boasts a premise that many will think laughable - Scarlett Johansson plays an alien who arrives in Scotland and uses sexual seduction to essentially consume men.

The tone of the trailer however is anything but, showcasing an incredibly creepy aesthetic akin to 1970s/1980s European horror works by greats like Dario Argento or Nicolas Roeg.
[youtube][/youtube]

Re: Under The Skin

You should definitely check out Sexy Beast as soon as you can, it's probably Ben Kingsley's finest hour(s). Birth is a bit more dense and kind of a small story, but it's ultimately very cool.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Arguably, Glazer's main job is as a commercials director - he's one of the best regarded and best paid in the business. But he slips out a feature film now and then and, contrary to the standard expectation in such matters, they're usually pretty decent.

Nice poster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Finally saw this today, a simple, dark story, well told. Great cinematography, music and sound design. Could be Scarlett's best acting job. Oddly moral, as well. I won't say much more than that as it's a film that should be experienced, not described in any great detail.

finally caught this. it was one where i wasn't quite sure what i just watched so watched an eleven-minute "plot" walk-through on youtube (by someone that read the book, i guess), and it confirmed my suspicions. in which case, this was a fantastic film. i loved it. want to watch it again.