Board index General Celluløid Output

The Flash [TV] [201x]

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

Re: The Flash [TV] [201x]

Postby TC on 24/07/16, 10:20:21

i'm way more excited for this than i probably should be. looks like something they will have fun with. still find barry's dad to be the most annoying and obvious "i only show up when specific motivation is needed" character. he's pretty wooden.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 24/07/16, 13:15:59

I'm a little bummed it looks like we won't be getting Wonder Woman and Aquaman destroying the world flashpoint. But I suppose that's to be expected with limits on tv. There are rumors that now that Geoff Johns has been promoted to try to right the mess that is the DC Film universe as well that some of the restrictions of using other DC characters in the various tv series might start to get relaxed.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby klimov on 28/07/16, 06:25:40

Gave up on this after the first season. Has Barry hooked up with his sister yet?
klimov
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 28/07/16, 09:02:21

klimov wrote:Gave up on this after the first season. Has Barry hooked up with his sister yet?

yes and no. depends. hard to answer.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 28/07/16, 17:03:34

klimov wrote:Gave up on this after the first season. Has Barry hooked up with his sister yet?

On which Earth in which universe? Yes. No. Probably not anymore.
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 22/09/16, 10:26:15

flash_ver16_xlg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 28/10/16, 08:44:00

really digging this season now, after a couple clunky episodes. they just need to ditch the "awkward romance" subplots. took up way too much time. but the ideas and where they must be going with things are pretty solid. was nice to see snart baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 28/10/16, 12:10:42

I'm hoping the new Wells isn't going to be too annoying. I'm sure he'll turn out to be evil. But I am liking the new season so far, much more than Arrow.
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 28/10/16, 13:10:39

darkness wrote:I'm hoping the new Wells isn't going to be too annoying. I'm sure he'll turn out to be evil. But I am liking the new season so far, much more than Arrow.

nod. he's funny at the moment.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 24/11/16, 02:50:54

Guess I'll put this one here since the Flash thread hasn't gotten any love in a while.

I can't be the only one who wants to smack Felicty at the end of this. Granted I think that almost every week of Arrow these days.
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 24/11/16, 08:53:03

yeah, guess i have to watch supergirl monday. oh, and of course malfoy is the bad guy. i mean, of course he is.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 20/12/16, 13:29:28

ok, so all caught up. the four-episode x-over was really, really good. with the exception of the supergirl episode. i mean, everything we needed to know for the xover happened in the last two minutes. the rest of the episode was painful. i loved her in the other three episodes, but couldn't tolerate her on her own i don't think.

loved the "meanwhile, back at the hall of justice"-style bumpers with star labs sitting in for HoJ. i had to explain to my son why it was hilarious, showed him the originals. so cool.

as far as what's happening on the flash and where they left it mid-season, i'm pretty happy with where it looks to be going. good stuff.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 20/12/16, 18:04:16

TC wrote:the rest of the episode was painful. i loved her in the other three episodes, but couldn't tolerate her on her own i don't think.

It probably didn't help to come into the middle of a story, plus for some reason they felt the need to so a sappy holiday episode. Not the series finest moment I assure you.
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby darkness on 01/03/17, 20:53:06

You'd think our own police or military would notice several 100 armed gorillas rampaging through the city streets. I guess homeland security isn't what it used to be under Trump.
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby darkness on 23/07/17, 14:32:38

darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 25/07/17, 07:43:20

i predict he'll stay gone maybe two episodes.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 25/07/17, 13:56:07

TC wrote:i predict he'll stay gone maybe two episodes.

Back by the end of episode one I say. Flash is the king of big season end cliffhangers that they resolve simply at the start of the next. Remember the huge vortex that was going to suck up the world? Then they came back the next season and said, "Hey, it all got fixed, so what's new?"
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 28/07/17, 13:58:13

DH wrote:Tom Felton Out, Fun Returns In “The Flash”

After serving as a series regular throughout the third season, former “Harry Potter” film series actor Tom Felton is out of “The Flash” for its fourth go around.

Felton played Julian Albert, Barry’s CSI lab partner who had a romance with Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker). Though Felton is both out as a regular and hasn’t yet signed for any guest appearances, that doesn’t mean he won’t pop back to Central City to visit at some point.

One thing the series does intend to bring back for the fourth season is a sense of fun, something that has been downplayed in the second and more obviously the third season. Showrunner Todd Helbing tells Comic Book:

“Last year, once we showed Iris die in the future, to keep up that doom and gloom, it becomes a burden, and not just on us writing-wise, on the show and it just sort of had this pall over the season that I think we didn’t expect to be so heavy.

I’m not trying to say anything bad about season 3. I love season 3, and I love Savitar, and I love the story we told, but I think that’s about as dark as I ever want to go with the show.

So yeah, I think that was a conscious effort of ours to really go back to everybody enjoyed being on this team and with each other, and make The Flash have fun again. I’m really excited about the scripts so far; they’re really, really funny.”

The show’s star Grant Gustin also tells the outlet that eventually, like has been teased since the first season, the goal is to adapt the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” storyline.

so... we're just going to pretend he didn't exist and the love interest between him & cait is gone? that was the one love interest story on the show that was interesting, barring the cisco/bounty huntress one, which is great.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 30/07/17, 17:21:11

Like I said, Flash is the king of storylines that get resolved quickly between seasons. "Oh hey, it's a real shame Julian tripped down the stairs and broke his neck last week. But enough of that, who want's to have some fun!"
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 02/08/17, 06:46:00

DH wrote:Gustin On Barry’s Rebirth In “The Flash” S4

The CW’s “The Flash” has gotten progressively darker with each year, culminating in the third season that was arguably the weakest of the show’s run so far. Part of that was the far too late reveal of its ‘big bad’, but mostly it was that the titular Barry Allen acted like a selfish jerk for many episodes.

Actor Grant Gustin, who plays Barry on the series, has agreed with the criticism and tells Cinema Blend that Barry’s time in the Speed Force will lead him to him becoming a changed man – one who isn’t actively messing up the lives of everyone around him. In fact, he sees Barry, the main one (not just the alternate future one), as the chief villain of the third season:

“We were going to be the lighter, funnier show. And you know, sometimes storylines just take you where they take you. I think just because of all the time travel that Barry Allen did, and all the repercussions it had, it took us down the “Flashpoint” road, if you will.

We really didn’t do “Flashpoint” for long, but we dealt with the repercussions for an entire season. Barry wasn’t only the big bad at the end of the year, but he was kind of the villain of the season because it was his fault that everything happened.

So we’re going to get back to our roots a little bit, and because of this experience in the Speed Force, Barry’s able to let go of things and move on, and he’s able to help the team move on, and the show can get back to its original roots where Barry enjoys having these powers and has fun, and the whole team has a little bit more fun.”

The new season will see Barry joined by a new hero, Elongated Man, and take on a villain who is finally not a speedster – The Thinker. “The Flash” returns on The CW on October 10th.

he's not wrong. and what he says really underscores your theorem, with phrases like "able to let go of things" and "move on". also, what - they couldn't get the rights to plastic man? would be pretty funny to see that giant, big-titted blonde strolling around whining "plaaaaaaz".
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output