Re: Terminator 5

darkness wrote:So they kind of took the best elements of the two good movies and mashed them together into a reboot with an ancient Arnold.
Cheap CGI reshoots of the classics! With actors who don't quite look like the originals (although Sarah is, as always, hot)! How could we lose?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

i don't see the issue here. if by "looks" you mean the aesthetic, it seems to me they are trying to fit into the existing timeline, so 1992-era, and it works for me. if by "looks" you mean the general film, i get the feeling they are trying to give us enough of the plot in a 2-minute spot so that it kind of maybe makes some kind of sense without giving too much away, it's got giant action pieces, lots of robots/gunfights, the war, hot sarah... it's a trailer. again, i have no issue with this, but i'm not exactly jazzed about it either.

now, if by "looks" you mean that reese looks fucking terrible and that was an awful "jonah hill"-esque choice for a central character, i agree.

That trailer amazingly didn't look like a complete travesty. But what do I know: The spots for Interstellar bored me silly.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

either this is the trailer that most gives away the plot/twist of the film in the history of ever, or they are just fucking with us. regardless, you have been warned. wish i hadn't seen it.

[youtube][/youtube]

TC wrote:either this is the trailer that most gives away the plot/twist of the film in the history of ever, or they are just fucking with us. regardless, you have been warned. wish i hadn't seen it.
That trailer manages the neat trick of making Terminator Salvation look like Citizen Fucking Kane.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:
darkness wrote:clip
well yeah, from what i can tell of the plot, that's kind of the point.
So why bother with it then? Plus the plot doesn't excuse lifting the framing from exact shots.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:So why bother with it then? Plus the plot doesn't excuse lifting the framing from exact shots.
again, i think that's kind of the point. lots of "hey, remember this?" as to your first question, who the fuck knows?

terminator_genisys_ver8.jpg
i guess whomever they put in charge of photochopping this poster doesn't realize that anyone who watches GoT has seen her naked, many times. this is a ridiculous piece of shit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sadly I'll admit that my son really wants to see this so we'll probably go.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."