Re: The Flash [TV] [201x]

really digging this season now, after a couple clunky episodes. they just need to ditch the "awkward romance" subplots. took up way too much time. but the ideas and where they must be going with things are pretty solid. was nice to see snart baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Re: Legends Of Tomorrow

i really don't understand who thought it would be a good idea to do a slavery episode on this show. granted, in the same hour, they also covered zombie civil war soldiers, but barely. i hope they try to stay as far away from the terrible past as possible. it has been fine when they travel to older eras that they for some reason have to remind jefferson he won't be so welcome in this time period, but now they tackle slavery head-on and attempt to put a nice spin on it in half of 42 minutes? dumb idea.

moving right along...

boy is this show getting really fucking stupid. so many plot holes i have to pause it for me & my son to yell at the TV and laugh with each other every few minutes. what happened? did they really have no story to tell after S1?

They started the season good. Not sure what happened after that. I kind of feel like they're trying to use every other show to prop up this one now. They're mining old defeated big bads from Flash and Arrow (Darhk and Thawne) instead of really doing anything new.
Next week is the big four part crossover.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: Supergirl

Batman reference on Supergirl this week. Maybe once Snyder destroys the movie franchise completely they'll have him pop up sometime. The effects budget for this show has taken a hit with the network move, but thankfully little else seems to have. If anything thing they seem to have a bit more freedom now. And they've gotten rid of all the chick flick side story stuff this season thankfully.

Guess I'll put this one here since the Flash thread hasn't gotten any love in a while.

[youtube][/youtube]

I can't be the only one who wants to smack Felicty at the end of this. Granted I think that almost every week of Arrow these days.

ok, so all caught up. the four-episode x-over was really, really good. with the exception of the supergirl episode. i mean, everything we needed to know for the xover happened in the last two minutes. the rest of the episode was painful. i loved her in the other three episodes, but couldn't tolerate her on her own i don't think.

loved the "meanwhile, back at the hall of justice"-style bumpers with star labs sitting in for HoJ. i had to explain to my son why it was hilarious, showed him the originals. so cool.

as far as what's happening on the flash and where they left it mid-season, i'm pretty happy with where it looks to be going. good stuff.

Re: Arrow [CW]

darkness wrote:One from another Earth would be my guess, since it's apparently pretty easy to pop between them now.
yeah, i like that cisco created a pocket-sized tool to do it and left it with kara. i mean, i know stuff keeps getting smaller, but going from an entire room to your pocket in one season is pretty accelerated.

TC wrote:the rest of the episode was painful. i loved her in the other three episodes, but couldn't tolerate her on her own i don't think.
It probably didn't help to come into the middle of a story, plus for some reason they felt the need to so a sappy holiday episode. Not the series finest moment I assure you.

Re: Arrow [CW]

TC wrote:yeah, i like that cisco created a pocket-sized tool to do it and left it with kara. i mean, i know stuff keeps getting smaller, but going from an entire room to your pocket in one season is pretty accelerated.
I believe that's called the, "Oh crap, we never thought they'd be on the same network filming in the same city when we put Supergirl on Earth 2" solution.