Board index General Celluløid Output

Arrowverse [CW DC shows megathread]

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

Re: Arrow [CW]

Postby TC on 13/12/19, 17:47:43

Watching Elseworlds right now. Yes I’m a year behind. But this is hilarious. Love the flash to the Kent farm with the Smallville theme song. Great. But I guess Tom Welling was busy?
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby O-dot on 13/12/19, 21:51:15

Those Walmart shelves aren't going to stock themselves.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.
O-dot
The Lone Gunman
The Lone Gunman

Postby darkness on 14/12/19, 00:14:03

TC wrote:Watching Elseworlds right now. Yes I’m a year behind. But this is hilarious. Love the flash to the Kent farm with the Smallville theme song. Great. But I guess Tom Welling was busy?

Patience grasshopper. You will be rewarded when you catch up.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby darkness on 14/01/20, 23:52:34

That was a cameo I did not see coming tonight. This is what happens when your TV franchise is more popular than your film one I guess.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Re: Arrowverse [CW DC shows megathread]

Postby TC on 18/03/20, 07:20:01

merged all the arrowverse show threads.

well, all this time off has given me plenty of time to get caught up (except for last night's shows).

crisis was pretty cool. i hated seeing them truly kill off oliver, but they did it. it's been so long since i read the books (when they first came out) that i don't really remember how it resolved. amusing how much the arcs of marvel's arrow guy and DC's arrow guy parallel. seems like people forget how much they really copied each other back in the day. i always loved green arrow, and while the show arrow has gotten extremely serious and plodded along for a season or two, it felt like things were coming back together a bit. i'm really amazed that they were able to get the two timelines to finally meet. that was the most confusing thing they had done - having multiple timelines in each episode, with no discernible link or shared motivation (other than they are the main timeline's children). but, pull them together they did. after the events of crisis, the final couple episodes of arrow were extremely anticlimactic, and man did that happy ending feel beyond forced. overall, looking back on this show, it was ultimately successful in what it was trying to do. they pushed how far comic book TV shows could take violence, and proved that DC could do things right if they just let smart people run shows. of the comic book shows i've watched beginning to end, i would say i enjoyed this probably more than smallville, but smallville is a faded memory now.

speaking of which, holy shit was that smallville segment of crisis great. man i loved that. but john cryer is bad. like, really, really bad. i wish rosenbaum would have returned for the role. and on the subject of cameos, i haven't watched (and won't) any of the batwoman show, but that batman segment in crisis was pretty cool. older, broken wayne. not a great wayne, but a good part of a familiar story. and really, batwoman herself was fine. but can she carry a show? shrug.

the flash... well, i'm still watching, but man has this show gone all the way up its own ass. it takes itself so seriously now. i mean, even ralph has become serious. there are parts that are amusing, but the overarching storylines leading up to and now beyond crisis seem like they are trying to take the mantle of seriousness from arrow. even cisco. and really, every character is completely two dimensional, like a D&D player sheet. you know exactly what anyone will do or say in any given situation. it has always had some of that, but i hope they can get their mojo back. and yeah, the flash from the DC movies showing up screamed of desperation. but, the "hall of justice" ending to crisis was fucking awesome. i loved that. except for the end... holy fuck, gleek? really? of all the characters from the original TV show, you bring back that one? he's the worst and will always either look like shit or eat most of your budget. i mean, i didn't expect apache chief, but fuck gleek.

legends of tomorrow... this season is... fine? some parts are cool, but they used to be far and away the best of the three. now it's yet another show that has gone way up its own ass. when they were having fun in S3, that was peak show to me. i was belly laughing every episode. they weren't taking themselves too seriously, and every episode was absurd. now, man... i don't know. it's still on the edge, hasn't passed the point of no return yet, so maybe they recover the "swinging dick" energy but they are floundering a bit. now that it's down to 2 shows i watch, it's still the better show, but just not what it was.

and that's my review of the last year or so of arrowverse shows.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Re: Arrowverse [CW DC shows megathread]

Postby TC on 19/03/20, 07:10:15

caught up. ok, that episode of legends was pretty fun, and sad. never thought i'd be sad to see routh exit a show. he nearly ruined chuck.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Previous

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output