Re: Hannibal: The Series

It doesn't really tell you anything aside from the fact that Will and Hannibal will meet up at some point, which shouldn't be much of a surprise.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I don't think they even really tease the Tooth Fairy, but I'll have to re-watch.
I thought there was a glimpse of the Red Dragon painting.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

kinda-sorta spoilers, i guess?
iHorror wrote:‘Hannibal’ Season 3: Bryan Fuller Reveals New Details

While we still have what seems like an intolerable months long wait ahead before the premiere of Hannibal season three, series creator Bryan Fuller opted to take to Twitter today and reveal a few more details to hold us all over until the summer.

First up, Fuller revealed that Hannibal’s season opener will take place over four different time periods. What those time periods will be is anyone’s guess, although we could very well get to see a juxtaposition between Hannibal’s current activities abroad and his future ultimate capture by Will Graham and the FBI.

Next up, Fuller let it be known that genre veteran Vincenzo Natali (Cube, Splice) will direct the first three episodes of Hannibal’s third season, and that those episodes will be titled “Antipasto,” “Primavera,” and “Secondo.” This will mark Natali’s return to the series, having directed two episodes last year.

Finally, episode eight, entitled “The Great Red Dragon” will be helmed by another genre mainstay in The Descent and Doomsday’s Neil Marshall. This will be Marshall’s first directorial effort for Hannibal, but he already has episodes of Constantine and Game of Thrones on his resume. Also, by the title, one would assume that we will first encounter Francis “The Tooth Fairy” Dollarhyde in this episode.

Hannibal season three premieres Thursday, June 4th at 10pm EST.

again kinda spoilery as how the season unfolds (major motifs) is discussed.
DH wrote:New "Hannibal" S3 Details, Delay Explanation

We're only a little over a month out from the June 4th premiere of the third season of NBC's "Hannibal" and Bryan Fuller has spoken with Digital Spy this week to offer a couple of new MINOR SPOILER tidbits about the upcoming season.

Expect the premiere to play very much along the lines of Ridley Scott's "Hannibal" film:
"I love Ridley Scott's Hannibal, I just think it's such a fun, gruesome movie that kind of harkens back to Hammer films, and it's Hannibal as James Bond. There's qualities of that that we wanted to bring to the first chapter of the third season, which is the Italy-based material."
The premiere episode of the season will put the focus entirely on the years-long relationship that Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) shares with Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), and none of the other familiar characters are in it. The episode will look at the pair's history over three different time periods. Anderson reportedly has quite a big role in the first half of the season, with one of her latter episodes having her being "laugh-out-loud funny".

That first half of the season is kind of a template for where a fourth season might go - namely away from the FBI procedural elements:
"It felt like a breath of fresh air not being in Quantico, and not having FBI scenes talking about the murder clues. It was so liberating that if we do get a fourth season, there's going to be a lot more of that than there will be anything FBI-oriented. It will probably be our most serialised season thus far, and the first half of season three was really an experiment of 'does this work on our show?' As an audience member and Fannibal, I loved it."
The reunion of Will and Hannibal is a big moment. Fuller says:
"There's a scene that is so touching, when they're finally reunited and able to have a conversation. Mads and Hugh and their friendship are such amazing assets to the show, and you see all of that."
The second half of the third season is ditching the cuisine-based episode titles. Instead, the titles will be named after William Blake's series of Great Red Dragon Paintings which serial killer Francis Dolarhyde (Richard Armitage) is obsessed with. These will include "The Great Red Dragon...," "...And the Woman Clothed in Sun," "...And the Woman Clothed with the Sun," "...And the Beast from the Sea," and likely "And the Number of the Beast Is..." and "...666".

When Dolarhyde comes in the second half of the season, he will reportedly be more of a third lead character and is in the show almost as much as Lecter and Graham are. He will also have a much more tragic psychological depth to him than say Mason Verger from last season:
"A lot of what we see with Dolarhyde is just him alone in a room struggling with his insanity. I wanted the audience to be so confused with this character because we get to know him, and we get to see this man who is suffering, from his mind eating him alive from the inside out."
Fuller says watch out for episodes seven and twelve to have the show's freakiest stuff. In the latter, a scene with Dolarhyde's character shocked even those who saw it being filmed:
"It's one bit in particular that's from the books, and we see it probably more graphically on our show than you have in any of the movies. When we did that scene, you're supposed to be silent when you're watching, but the entire crew gasped and shrieked. So you're watching the dailies and you're seeing this horrible thing happen, and you just hear all these gasps coming from behind the camera, and it's so much fun! It's so disturbing that it affected the crew."
Fuller has also spoke about the delay of the third season in terms of airing, a decision he said was made out of necessity due to the show's production schedule. The show itself wrapped production of the third season in Toronto last week:
"We barely, by the skin of our teeth, were able to produce the first two seasons with a lot of hard work, and a lot of people bending over backwards and contorting, because it's so hard to do a crafted television show in eight days [per episode]. It was eight-day episodes, and then an additional day or two of second unit, and massive overtime.

But coming into the third season, which is our most ambitious yet, it was essentially trying to squeeze all of that into seven days, with no second unit, and it blew up in everybody's faces. It was one of those where I was saying, 'This isn't gonna work, this isn't gonna work', and then on day three of production I was like, 'This really does not work', because we were not completing episodes. Scenes were getting dropped, shots were dropped, so in the editing room I was like, 'I can't even put this together because there's not enough material'.

And I'd been squawking about that for four months, saying we're in trouble, and then finally after four months we realised where we were and had to push back, because the show wasn't done. I don't mind a summer schedule at all, and it actually allowed us to fix our mistakes, of trying to simplify how we were producing the show, which was misguided."

I think this is the main thing on t.v. I'm looking forward to for the rest of 2015. And Game of Thrones has actually been better than I expected it to be. But again, Hannibal, Yes.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Heroes

I just can't bring myself to watch Hannibal. I'm sure it's a fine series, but I feel burned out on the character and story. How many times can you re-tell Red Dragon?
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: Heroes

I felt 100% the same way going in to Hannibal. But it's pretty fucking fantastic television if you like the dark stuff, and it very deftly plays with the mythology and expectations. I can't wait to see what they do with Red Dragon this season, it may well end up being the definitive treatment.