Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Oh, I don't see anything too spoilery above compared to all the other shit that goes down. But, yeah, major spoiler alert: Shit goes from bad to worse.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I get the impression that her boyfriend stopped her in time, but that would be a nice twist. I do hope one of the major characters is a ghost by the end of the season, and it would certainly be a logical place to take the story to have her be one so her parents were trapped in the house if they wanted to be with their kid. They can't maintain the premise with the same family for too long otherwise without making the lead characters seem more illogical than they already do in setting foot in the place at all at this point.
It's fun to be right and wrong at the same time!
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Furthermore,
if they have the balls to kill off the entire family, keep them in the ever-expanding cast of ghosts, and bring in a new set of homeowners for Season 2 I will give this thing mad, mad props. Still think they'll crash and burn by Season 3 but it would be a major, cool accomplishment to get the stars to both keep their jobs and take a backseat to a new cast of victims. Makes perfect sense the way they've set things up but I suspect they'll stick with the parents and their new creepy twin babies, at least for another season.

Alexhead wrote:Furthermore,
if they have the balls to kill off the entire family, keep them in the ever-expanding cast of ghosts, and bring in a new set of homeowners for Season 2 I will give this thing mad, mad props. Still think they'll crash and burn by Season 3 but it would be a major, cool accomplishment to get the stars to both keep their jobs and take a backseat to a new cast of victims. Makes perfect sense the way they've set things up but I suspect they'll stick with the parents and their new creepy twin babies, at least for another season.
I can't imagine they'd kill off the parents. I imagine that Violet being dead is enough to keep the family anchored to the house. I do agree that a 2-season limit is about what's in store for this series though.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Started watching this show because of so many good things I've heard. Up to episode 9 or 10 right now. I am going to keep watching this show only for my own amusement in making fun of it. Like my own MST3000. I find almost every element of it absurdly silly, but I'm not sure if it is actually supposed to be or not.

Really like the title music though.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

It's a clusterfuck, ain't it? I find it to be an entertaining one though, and no, I don't think anyone's taking themselves too seriously over at AHS central command.

Ok I'm caught up and the last episode was easily the silliest yet.

I know this thing is like swiss cheese with plot holes, but did they ever explain why the kids Tate killed at school can be ghosts? I could have been laughing too hard to catch it.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

That was the Halloween episode. There were many, many non-house ghosts that night. That's why the maid and Hayden were able to leave the house that day. That was also the first time that Tate had left the house.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Are you guys caught up so we can talk about the biggest of spoilers, the fact that
this is a true anthology show and next season will be in a completely different location with a largely *but not completely* new cast, new horrors, etc?

I need to go back and re-watch the season--and I'm going to do that as soon as I can--but upon conclusion of this, I actually think the show had quite a bit more cohesiveness than it's been given credit for (actually a lot of the critics are coming out with a lot of praise to that effect after the finale).

FYI, Murphy has said in a recent interview that
there are constant clues as to what's coming throughout the season, such as Dylan McDermott's character being shown with a variety of circles around his neck prior to his hanging, for example. He also said there are a ton of clues in the last 3 episodes as to what Season 2 is going to be about.

Is it a fact that the next season will be in a completely different location?
Because I didn't feel like they set that up at all in the final episode, rather the opposite in fact.
I really like where they're going with this. Like you point out, they actually tie things together much better than many have given them credit for.

The set-up with the entire family dead and "good" ghosts versus "bad" ghosts can be a real fun thing to watch, but I gues thats completely out the window if they move to a new location.

All in all, I absolutely enjoyed the first season to death. Great fun, and some really fine acting from Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Frances Conroy first and formost.

Agreed on the cast, the ones you mentioned chewed their scenes up with verve. And yes, they could continue those stories but at the same time I think the finale gave us a nice quick overview of exactly what the house would look like for the next 50 years or so. And I like the trick of
killing the whole family and giving them a happy ending at the same time.

Again, I give a lot of props to Tim Minear, his fingerprints are all over this as far as tone and cohesion are concerned. He is a great choice to be a showrunner once Murphy inevitably runs out of ideas, patience and regard for what little logic is put into such endeavors.

Yes, the way they managed to make it a happy ending by killing them all off was equally disturbing and impressive. It sort of all made sence. Me and the girlfriend just sat there, nodding our heads and saying "goddamn, they're right, they are better of dead".

Maybe only recurring cast member will be
Lange with that satan child or whatever it is. Feels like they could turn up pretty much anywhere.
Cant wait for the second season, any dates set yet?