Re: American Horror Story (FX)

can i call it or what? (i know, it was obvious - tongue in cheek there). still, loving this season so far. really. the ending of the last episode - wow, did not see that coming.

watching this, i still can't get over how the christian right-wing groups got the dark shadows revival series canceled for what it showed only 20 years ago or so. i know, i keep mentioning it, but holy shit, this show is way beyond what i ever thought i'd see on tv. two weeks ago - serious sex magic. last episode - incest, a minotaur raping a girl, and another girl bathing in fresh goat's blood to get pregnant with voodoo child. not even going to bother to "spoiler" tag these, as there is so much crazy shit happening in this show that there's no way just reading that makes any sense to someone who's not watched yet.

I have to say, and you're probably tired of hearing it, but old Whedon pal Tim Minear has found the perfect goddamn place to vent his always crazy and smart spleen.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Next season: Carnival!
American Horror Story writer Douglas Petrie confirmed the setting of the series' fourth season: a presumably very spooky carnival. (All you fans guessing "Hell Circus" weren't far off!) Petrie was a guest on the podcast Nerdist Writers Panel, moderated by Ben Blacker, which was recorded February 16 and released just a few days ago. Petrie was on the panel with a few other television writers, and he starts talking about the fourth season by saying, "I can't say anything." But when Moira Kirland, a writer on Arrow and Castle, offers that she heard a rumor about the season, Petrie confirms it.
http://www.avclub.com/article/american- ... car-202257
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

THR wrote:'American Horror Story': Premiere Date Set for 'Freak Show'
FX has set a premiere date for American Horror Story: Freak Show.

The fourth installment of the anthology series from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk will return Wednesday, Oct. 8 at 10 p.m.

Here's FX's formal logline: "American Horror Story: Freak Show "begins its tale in the quiet, sleepy hamlet of Jupiter, Florida. The year is 1952. A troupe of curiosities has just arrived to town, coinciding with the strange emergence of a dark entity that savagely threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amidst the dying world of the American carny experience."

Returning stars set for Freak Show include Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Gabourey Sidibe and Evan Peters. New faces joining AHS this season include Michael Chiklis, The Hunger Games' Wes Bentley, Fargo's John Carroll Lynch,The Normal Heart's Finn Wittrock and the world's smallest living woman, Jyoti Amge. Patti LaBelle will also appear in a four-episode arc.

Watch the first creepy teaser, below.
[youtube][/youtube]

Speaking of horror, it seems yet another zombie show is hitting the air - Z Nation. At which point, one has to consider: has there ever been a bigger fuck up in the history of cinema than failing to secure the copyright on Night on the Living Dead?! Romero would be several times richer than Lucas by now.

klimov wrote:Speaking of horror, it seems yet another zombie show is hitting the air - Z Nation. At which point, one has to consider: has there ever been a bigger fuck up in the history of cinema than failing to secure the copyright on Night on the Living Dead?! Romero would be several times richer than Lucas by now.
Totally. I wouldn't get too excited about the new zombie show as it's a SyFy original, we've tried a few of their attempts at more prestige projects (Helix, Dominion) and they're shit.

Well into another entertaining season, Murphy reveals what was already somewhat apparent to me but will be overtly referenced for the first time with a S2 character showing up this season: It's all connected! I use an inappropriately excited exclamation point because this is an E Online link so you're going to read more of them, I just had to get First.

http://www.eonline.com/news/593947/yes- ... na-eonline

well, i'm eating my words here. i thought this was truly the season they jumped the shark, but it's 10x better than last season, which started off good then went way south very quickly. some really dark shit happening here. got caught up with a mini-marathon yesterday. it's a competition to see who is the most psychotic this season. also, gratuitous usage of the word "tuts" gains points.

RIP Meep (IRL)
AP wrote:'AMERICAN HORROR STORY' ACTOR WOOLF DIES AFTER ACCIDENT

Ben Woolf, an actor on "American Horror Story," has died after being injured in a street accident, a spokesman said. He was 34.

Woolf died Monday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, publicist Zack Teperman said. Woolf's family was at his side.

The 4-foot-4 actor was hospitalized in critical condition after he was hit by the side mirror of a passing vehicle on an LA-area street.

The motorist, who stopped at the scene Thursday night, wasn't cited or arrested.

Woolf was a cast member on the FX show in its first season, in 2011, when he played a character called the Infantata. In the latest installment, "American Horror Story: Freak Show," he appeared as Meep.

"He was a tremendous professional and an incredibly kind person, beloved by the `American Horror Story' family," FX and the show's producers said in a statement.

Members of Woolf's family said in a statement that they were overwhelmed by the love and support they've received for him.

Teperman, his publicist, called Woolf "one-of-a-kind," a caring and hard-working man.
:(

DH wrote:Lady Gaga Joins "American Horror Story"

Fresh in minds thanks to her "Sound of Music" medley performance at the Oscars on the weekend, Lady Gaga has followed it up with an unexpected announcement.

Variety reports that the singer is set to star in the upcoming fifth season of FX's anthology series "American Horror Story," which would mark her first major TV gig.

No details about Gaga’s character have been revealed, indeed the title and theme of the next season is unknown at this point though clues about it have been scattered throughout the recently finished fourth season.

That fourth season, "Freak Show," broke ratings records and was the most-watched telecast in FX history. The fifth season is slated to premiere in October.
i guess they are just not going to consider her role in the sopranos? i guess her role wasn't "major" but the show certainly was. regardless, i think THIS is now when they jump the shark.