Re: Game Of Thrones

[youtube][/youtube]

i just watched the whole panel. it was mildly amusing, but two things i learned:
1) reek was wearing rob stark's outfit at the wedding. i hadn't picked up on that. brutal.
2) the director of the last two episodes met obama. he said obama put a hand on his shoulder and said, "You didn't kill Jon Snow, did you?" he said he had to answer truthfully, "He's deader than dead, Mr. President."

click here for new poster, potentially a spoiler or a fake-out or ??
[attachment=0]game_of_thrones_ver57.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this. Some of my friends who follow the whole thing and swap all the theories think that
he's going to end up being some kind of badass weapon after being mystically revived by Melisandra, guess we'll see
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this. Some of my friends who follow the whole thing and swap all the theories think that
he's going to end up being some kind of badass weapon after being mystically revived by Melisandra, guess we'll see
the one thing i read that makes sense is
if he is brought back by whomever, it would have relieved him of his vows, which were only until death. kind of brilliant.

DH wrote:"Game of Thrones" To Get Shorter Final Seasons?

"Game of Thrones" To Get Shorter Final Seasons?

Just ahead of the premiere of the ten episode sixth season of HBO's fantasy drama "Game of Thrones," showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have indicated that their plans to wrap up the saga seem to be coming to an endpoint.

Speaking with Variety, the pair say they are weighing wrapping up the saga with just thirteen more episodes once the sixth season is over. Said episode block would be split in two - seven episodes for Season 7, and six episodes for Season 8.

Benioff says: "I think we're down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We're heading into the final lap. That's the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that's what we're looking at."

Weiss added the sheer scale of the episodes in these final ones mean they can't do ten episodes in a year timeframe anymore: "It's crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule."

HBO programming president Michael Lombardo says no deal in place yet for shorter seasons so it's wait and see for now. The seventh season is scheduled to go into production this July.
also, this:

[youtube][/youtube]
she. is. adorable.

On the one hand,
it was awfully convenient for her and Pod to show up just at the precise moment when Theon and Sansa really needed it.
On the other,
it was highly satisfying to see her mow down a half-dozen Bolton men like it was nothing.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:On the one hand,
it was awfully convenient for her and Pod to show up just at the precise moment when Theon and Sansa really needed it.
On the other,
it was highly satisfying to see her mow down a half-dozen Bolton men like it was nothing.
indeed. however,
they still can't build a fire and i would assume at this point that her and theon's toes (at minimum) are very frostbitten. toe-ectomy!

If memory serves
she was in the area after giving Stannis his slice 'o justice anyway, so I actually thought it made perfect sense, she's been hanging around there trying to help Sansa for some time now. And it looks like they're going to turn Arya into Daredevil. I can take that. One of my friends who is a huge GoT fan says she's heard Snow will be revived in the 3rd episode of the season.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:If memory serves
she was in the area after giving Stannis his slice 'o justice anyway, so I actually thought it made perfect sense, she's been hanging around there trying to help Sansa for some time now. And it looks like they're going to turn Arya into Daredevil. I can take that. One of my friends who is a huge GoT fan says she's heard Snow will be revived in the 3rd episode of the season.
yeah, but we still don't know
if stannis is really dead. she swung her sword, that's all we know

well, there are a couple LOL moments for me, mostly intended i think, but overall good episode.
i guess half the people predicted snow would be back since the red lady was there anyway. i hear we are so far from the books at this point that the show is its own animal now? i haven't gotten that far in the books. i figured ramsey would kill the baby but did NOT see him killing roose first, then feeding the step mother and baby to the dogs while he watched. holy fucking shit is that guy psycho. this is a good development, as he's been much closer to the "normal" line than i like him. completely over the top, 100% lunatic fits the show well. and thank the gods, old and new, that they didn't drag the homeless aria thing on any longer - maybe the most interesting character dicking around on the street? no. so, good on them for ending that. nice to see bran and hodor (willis????) for a couple minutes. if that's how this is going to go, they might as well not be in this season either. hard to have any major developments there when your screen time is measured in less than a handful of minutes. and i cheered when the free folk stormed castle black from the south. fuck those guys. loved seeing the giant pick that dude up and slam him against the wall like a rag doll. that was one LOL moment for me. the other was watching the mountain obliterate that shit-talking guy's head. ah, the king asking his mom for help - jamie and cersei are going to fuck this city up. threats from the religious sect? pfft. hope they are prepared for civil war in that city. and the iron king hurled to his death while theon heads home? wow.

O-dot wrote:OK, I'm a tad unclear,
who was the guy who killed Theon's dad?
yeah i know. said he was his brother. of course, he also said he is the drowned god and he is the storm. i'm not clear if he was real or a vision as the king said he thought he was dead.

in what is most certainly (hopefully) a nightmare for EW waiting to happen, people who haven't caught up on the show best stay away from grocery stores, supermarkets, news stands, bookstores, etc. - wherever magazines are sold - since EW will use this week's opportunity to spoil the entire fucking show for everyone on their cover in huge, readable-from-across-the-room text. spoilers at the link, which i'm hiding because the goddamn URL is a spoiler, too: i hope the backlash is so severe it makes them close down for fear of a charlie hebdo situation. what fucking ass clowns. for a company that is "in the entertainment business", i can't believe someone OK'd this. talk about out of touch with the public.