Re: Iron Man 3

I really think Shane Black hijacked a superhero franchise to make a Shane Black movie, which is pretty awesome. Liked it quite well.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Agreed that it was very good and Ben Kingsley totally steals his scenes. Only complaints: the anxiety/PTSD storyline felt a bit forced and shoehorned in, and the final battle kind of went on and on with so many suits. Much better overall than #2 though.

While having the final battle at a shipyard at night was certainly in keeping with the Shane Black 80s vibe, I thought most of the fight was a murky mess.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I'm going to have to be the odd one out here and say I didn't care for the film that much. In fact I probably like it the least of any of the Marvel produced films. The fight wasn't just a murky mess, it was just kind of boring. Not a lot of action when you really look at it. Iron Man 2's end fight had a lot more happening and was much better directed and played out. The villain in the film is once again undeveloped and pretty weak. I don't know, maybe part of the problem is that after the Avengers, seeing Stark back to fighting yet another human trying to cook up a money making scheme left me underwhelmed. Iron Man 3, Spider-man 3, X-men: The Last Stand - maybe the third film is the curse of the Marvel comic based films the way odd number films were for Star Trek.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Finally saw this. It's entertaining enough, but... Here we have yet another Hollywood blockbuster (after The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, etc) that portrays opponents of US government policy as crazed and evil lunatics... The Mandarin "twist" makes you think that the film is going to take another turn, that it is in fact satirizing this trend, but no -
by the end Pearce proclaims "I am the Mandarin", ie. if there's anything worse than an evil Jihadi it's a evil foriegner (a blonde Australian - hmm.... let me think), criticising America to suit his own evil ends - because, of course, no-one would criticise America out of genuine conviction, or, heaven forbid, with good cause.
Getting sick and tired of this fucking propaganda.

let me again say to you - regardless of the writers'/studios' intent, you give the average american movie-going public waaaaay too much credit if you think for a second that a single one of them ever had such a thought. like jim carrey's character in the number 23, you see what you want to see everywhere because you are looking for it. seems to me you are the one with an agenda.

The Mandarin isn't criticizing America, he's making a power grab so he can both create and arm the war on terror. If anything he's epitomizing your evil American storyline, he's not based on Assange. As TC said, if there's any political point being made here you're missing it because of your love of your own desired narrative.

Erm, he may not mean what he says but he still SAYS it, does he not? Message: critics of American foreign policy don't really believe what they are saying and are driven by a secret, selfish agenda (like Assange, clearly in it for the Swedish girls, see?)

I'll be honest, finding Julian Assange in every Hollywood movie is a lot more interesting to you than me or most other people, don't think I'll bother with a comments section on some site.

get a grip. the only enemy most of america has is the person that stands in the way of them building the next mcdonald's on the corner, the person trying to restrict the size of soda one can buy, the person who opposes (at least) one gun for every person, or the person trying to remove "under god" from the pledge of allegiance.