Re: The Walking Dead

Negan doesn't approve of sexual violence, this is supposed to give his character depth.

The Governor was Walking Dead at its peak, no comparison to the fractured, protracted tedium being forced on its audience at the minute. Ratings are in freefall and articles are stacking up daily on how the show has lost its way/relevance. It's downhill from here, whether the showrunners and the fanboys like it or not. This said, if AMC can run Halt & Catch Fire and Turn for four seasons, I suspect Walking Dead can hang in there a while longer, like a zombie trapped under car. 10 seasons sounds like a nice round number.

TC wrote:watched the latest episode. neegan episode = good. i laughed so many times. he is so great.
He gets old after a while though. He's kind of done pretty much the same thing for every episode he's been in with no development or new depth. They can only pad out the show so much with crazy Negan.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
TC wrote:watched the latest episode. neegan episode = good. i laughed so many times. he is so great.
He gets old after a while though. He's kind of done pretty much the same thing for every episode he's been in with no development or new depth. They can only pad out the show so much with crazy Negan.
yeah he's been one note. but i still kind of hope they decide to kill the entire group and just start following the saviors around instead.

I predict Negan ends up taking Judith, thus inspiring Rick to re-grow a pair and attack the Saviors in the second half of the season.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I predict Negan ends up taking Judith, thus inspiring Rick to re-grow a pair and attack the Saviors in the second half of the season.
That would make sense. I originally thought he'd try to adopt Carl as his own son and turn him against Rick. But I completely forgot Judith was even there until last week's episode. That said, there's also a possibility Judith will become unintended collateral damage in a fight, taking care of two issues: 1, they can get rid of her since they don't really know what to do with her, and 2, it will give the afore mentioned reason for Rick to grow a pair again.

yet again my wife & i were watching and said that no one knows how to stretch out a story like these guys. it's soap opera-esque. still, it was overall a pretty great episode. that scene
with them driving the cable through 100 yards of zombies was pretty fucking great. i don't really understand why they "had to have" all the home-made explosives like they were the last ones on earth and were worth risking everyone's lives for, or how the one they left behind was ignited, but oh well. it's also pretty infuriating that there are all these other communities within short driving distance and they have never found each other. still, was pretty solid by this show's standards. talking dead was probably better with ezekiel on, he rules.

That sequence felt very fan service after a gab fest of an episode, but it was fun, yes. Walking Dead remains, well, Walking Dead.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Most of these people were never mental giants to start with, but I feel like everyone on the walking dead as taken idiot pills this season. None of their plans make a lick of sense, and why the hell would
anyone think they could go against Negan by themselves?

darkness wrote:Most of these people were never mental giants to start with, but I feel like everyone on the walking dead as taken idiot pills this season. None of their plans make a lick of sense, and why the hell would
anyone think they could go against Negan by themselves?
They've been acting against their own self interest throughout the series. Why stop now?

This show is just the worst.

my ex was just at a convention and got a pic with jeffrey. he's still looking to be in full neegan mode (giant full beard), so i'm assuming nothing happens on the season finale this weekend. in keeping with the spirit of the show.

this is the stupidest show on the planet. i'll bet that if you go back and watch S1 8 episodes, the current show is completely unrecognizable. i will never understand how they took such a great idea and turned it into a tella novella. i would say i wish the kingdom had waited 10 more seconds for obvious reasons, but at this point i just hope everyone fucking dies. no one has any heart in this show, no one has any real stakes, they turned neegan into a cartoon, etc., etc. this show is a train wreck.

He's not technically the showrunner but Kirkman holds the strings at AMC, and in Game of Thrones style they more or less follow the broad strokes of the comic source material. I stopped reading the comic source material around the time Negan was about to show up because it was repetitive and stupid. No big surprise you can say the same about the show. Although I did enjoy the coffin bit.

Alexhead wrote:He's not technically the showrunner but Kirkman holds the strings at AMC, and in Game of Thrones style they more or less follow the broad strokes of the comic source material. I stopped reading the comic source material around the time Negan was about to show up because it was repetitive and stupid. No big surprise you can say the same about the show. Although I did enjoy the coffin bit.
yeah but that just underscores the fact that there are no surprises left on this show. i mean, who didn't see that happening? and, when shit broke out, neegan was literally right next to rick, where all eyes were focused. how did NO ONE immediately shoot him? so angry at this show last night, fuck this show.

I'm now about two seasons behind on Walking Dead ... sounds like it's suffering a Dexter-style slide in quality.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.