Re: The Walking Dead

As we saw with Dexter, once every character on a show starts acting like they've lost 50 IQ points apiece, there's usually no coming back.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:i didn't watch dexter, but believe you.
You would enjoy the first couple seasons and maybe 1-2 more (I'll just say Lithgow) but there's a lot of bad, and the last few are just a sloppy mess.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I just can't get into FTWD. I keep watching it, but it's almost more a chore like having to do homework when I get home. "Finish watching the Walking Dead and you can have ice cream with dinner tonight!"
Just cut them up like regular chickens

We've only been half watching since we've got other things to do--like obsessively rewatch Peaks episodes--but I have to say at this point I think the spinoff is a better show than the flagship. Not being beholden to Kirkman's spotty comic books is a great strength, they have a good cast and such. But really, I'm sick of zombies at this point. Feels like we've been spoon fed every possible iteration of the fuckers for 20 years now. And since 28 Days Later came out around the turn of the century, I'm not really wrong on that point.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Yeah, completely agree with that. Back when I saw Night of the living dead, Dawn of the dead and Fulci's stuff for the first time, zombies used to scare the shit out of me. They also were used to say something about society. But now that's been done to death (hehe) and I just don't see how zombies can keep existing and still be relevant. Even in TWD they've been set aside and are mostly used as background noise.

_Marcus_ wrote:Yeah, completely agree with that. Back when I saw Night of the living dead, Dawn of the dead and Fulci's stuff for the first time, zombies used to scare the shit out of me. They also were used to say something about society. But now that's been done to death (hehe) and I just don't see how zombies can keep existing and still be relevant. Even in TWD they've been set aside and are mostly used as background noise.
i think they are still targeting more societal issues than the undead, which is why they are used as background issues. i just don't think they have much new to say on that front, either. FTWD is still far better at it, as the "event" is still fresh and people are figuring it out. there's just really no excuse on TWD anymore.

[youtube][/youtube]
oh yeah, love the part where neegan is sitting at a table. pure excitement.

but ok the scene at the end is a head-scratcher. happy to hear this morning that kirkman has an ending in sight.