Re: David Lynch Blu-Ray tracker

That just means we're jealous that you get to experience so much Lynch for the first time. Speaking of which, Alamo Drafthouse is doing a massive TP marathon, I'm going to see the pilot episode on the big screen on Thursday.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I think it's $9 per seat. And I hear you on babysitting, our recent outing to an IMAX 3D screening of Guardians of the Galaxy, with babysitting, ran us a cool $100 when all was said and done.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I think it's $9 per seat. And I hear you on babysitting, our recent outing to an IMAX 3D screening of Guardians of the Galaxy, with babysitting, ran us a cool $100 when all was said and done.
Holy crap, just how much do babysitters make these days?
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Ours is a good friend/former student of my wife's so we pay her well, but the tickets for the four of us (brought the two oldest kids) were close to $60, and then there's snacks. We don't go out a lot so when we go see a movie we're all looking forward to, we do it right.

TC wrote:ah, nice - saves me the trouble of doing it: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... s-fanedit/
watched this last night. wow would this have been an entirely different film. it was really, really cool to have quite a few of these put back into the timeline. really expanded on some ideas and helped make sense of callbacks later in the film. was also really cool to see so many of the characters from the original series make appearances. not saying every deleted scene was a keeper - there were still a few moments that deserved to be cut - but this is a fantastic way to watch the film. highly recommended for folks that have already seen it in its original form. really, really cool to finally have this after all these years. it's kind of bitter-sweet, as now i am devoid of a lynchian holy grail, as we all know any other cut/version of dune will never exist.

And I'd hardly call two posts on twitter "a whole bunch of stuff." But who knows. When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object in inquiry, we must always pay strict attention. I'd have mixed feelings about it. A lot of people from the cast have passed on and these things rarely are that good when they try to re-launch an old series (Doctor Who aside). Still, it is Lynch and he hasn't had any misses yet when it comes to film/tv, so I'd be optimistic. And I'm always up for more Sheryl Lee screen time. :)
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Well, I heard more than those two tweets. But they both came on the exact time that Cooper entered Twin Peaks so... :)

The talk is that's its going to be an eight part mini series to air on Showtime, with Lynch to direct all episodes. To be announced next week, says the town gossip.

_Marcus_ wrote:The talk is that's its going to be an eight part mini series to air on Showtime, with Lynch to direct all episodes. To be announced next week, says the town gossip.
finite, directed by lynch, R-rated.... yes please. i support this.

darkness wrote:At this point any new Lynch film or tv is reason to get completely balls-out excited about and wet one's self. But I hate disappointment thus I refuse to let myself get excited until I see an official announcement.
You're no fun, get on the hype train! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :woop: :drunk: :roflmao: :gonk: :bang: :wah:

"When two separate events occur simultaneously..." (etc).

Commercially this has been a no brainer for years, although the success of the blu-ray set may have underlined the point. The cast haven't got anything better to do (Heather Graham possibly aside, although she's hardly integral), so it just comes down to whether Lynch is on board or not - and let's face it he hasn't got anything better to do either, and perhaps could do with the cash. The funny thing is, it actually makes sense creatively too, '25 Years Later', etc. So I reckon this is legit. Should be good if Lynch directs the whole thing as rumoured and if they can mix existing characters with a new teen cast. Of course KM is a must. The Man from Another Place, the Giant and the One Armed Man shouldn't appear to age, so they'll need to set aside a generous digital wrinkle removal budget there. Savings perhaps can be made on Ray Wise's hair, which will no longer require bleaching (assuming he's still in the lodge). Bob can be resurrected with digital technology. Jack Nance and Mose Harper will be sad but unavoidable omissions.