Re: David Lynch Blu-Ray tracker

It's crazy to think about how back 20 years ago just to even see many of Lynch's films required trading tapes with someone as most where long out of print. There was a time when saying you had a widescreen copy of Wild At Heart was considered impressive. Now not only do we have access to all of Lynch's films in glorious HD (or not so glorious in the case of Inland Empire), but deleted scenes from several of them. It seems like all of our Lynch-related wishes (new film aside) have finally been fulfilled.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Alexhead wrote:I'm a little sad he's entered the "Jimmy Page" end of career archivist mode instead of putting out new stuff, but damn, I'll take it.
To be fair, if you saw Jimmy Page perform in the Celebration Day concerts there's something for knowing when to quit. I thought he was going to drop dead. On the flip side Altman kept making films right until he dropped dead, and some pretty good ones at that.

His Monstervisions of They Live and The Warriors were the best ones. In the Warriors he followed their progress with a subway map of New York and critiqued their line choices. I've got a bunch of the Monstervisions if anyone wants some.

I got my box today, and just finished watching the deleted scenes.

Wow. I didn't know half, or more, of this even existed. Some scenes are just beautiful and really dig deeper into so many stories and characters. I just can't describe them all, you really need to see them for yourselves.

Also, there are a couple of deleted scenes near the end that I've read countless times in the script but never knew were actually filmed. The scenes are called "Epilogue" and deal with what happens just where the show ends. Amazing stuff.

Haven't gone through the rest of the extras yet but... Buy this.