Re: David Lynch Blu-Ray tracker

Cool. Yeah, if you don't like it I can buy it off you on Paypal or something :-P

Yesasia may be better value if you're US-based, that's true. But... if you're going to buy a second blu-ray player, why must it be of lesser quality? If you only wish to buy ONE player then, sure, you'll be stuck with something similar to by Foehn & Hirsh, but otherwise you can buy whichever two blu-ray players you like, as long as one is Region A and the other Region B.

It's expensive to buy a second high priced player, and honestly there aren't that many discs I want that aren't available in region A or region free to justify the cost. For that matter I could buy the region switching mod for my player for $80, but I just haven't really had any reason to.
And the players I could have bought for the price of the two discs are cheap crap.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

"I could buy the region switching mod for my player for $80, but I just haven't really had any reason to." - Well there y'go then, buy that! Not you personally perhaps, but others...

Region A certainly has the lions share of titles, but there's some Region B-only gems out there too, eg. Sansho Dayu, Ugetsu Monogatari, A Man Escaped, Le amiche, La signora senza camelie, Man of the West, The Gospel According to Matthew, etc.

TC wrote:
TC wrote:german box set - you're talking about this? that says it's region b/2...
Yes, that. Always take Amazon's region listings with a grain of salt. It's region free. I own it and bought my copy just a few months back. I've watched both LH and MD out of it and they played fine.

klimov wrote:REGION 2, B, OH MA GAWDDDD!

Nothing ever changes does it, fuckin' Americans :loony:
what is your problem? good region-free players don't grow on trees over here. additionally, there are probably four things other than lynch i would ever want to have that don't exist R1 or R0. quit being a twat.

Your problem, not mine! :loony:

I just find it funny that, since 1997, every American one ever runs into online acts like it's this huge huge deal, oh so difficult, to buy a region-free player - whereas the rest of the developed world takes it as a matter of course. Okay, with DVD there was still the issue of NTSC vs. PAL, but with Blu-ray there's no such issue at all, it's simply a question of going online and ordering a player or a MOD, nothing could be easier. And yet... still the attitude is the same, and I can see no way to interpret this other than as a symptom of a wider American xenophobia and fear of the outside world... :mono: :dance:

There's no blu-ray of Godard' WEEK END available in France, nor any blu-ray of Roeg's WALKABOUT in the UK (just two examples off the top of my head). But cinephiles outside the US don't worry about this, they just buy whatever is available and stick it in their region-free player without thinking twice...

so, a "complete twin peaks" Blu-Ray box set was announced. this means series AND film. extras were not announced yet:
Twin Peaks: The Complete Series on Blu-ray is also well under way at CBS, with a release expected in time for the end of the year or early next. Multiple sources tell us that a deal has been made to allow the inclusion of David Lynch’s Fire Walk with Me film in the package, so fan will at long last be treated to a truly complete set.
take it for what it's worth, but on the "world of blue" message board, user GeekBoyEric74 posted:
OK, I was pretty much sworn to secrecy on this by Bill Hunt himself this Friday at Comic Con, but now he's gone and spilled the beans himself!

I was at the DVD and Blu-ray producers panel on Friday, and I asked Charles de Lazurika of any plans for Twin Peaks on Blu. He was perfectly poker faced and said "maybe" not hinting anything was coming.

Then after the panel I was talking to another DVD producer (who shall remain nameless) and Bill Hunt was also there. They both told me off the record that Twin Peaks was coming, and it would include Fire Walk With Me AND an hour of the deleted scenes. I was ecstatic. But they said to keep it on the DL and not go online and blab it. So now I'm shocked to see Bill Hunt went and did it himself. But there it is, he spilled the beans. Now lets hope it doesn't fall through. Although the other producer had ties to CBS Digital and also said it was a done deal. So this might be what we have all been waiting so long for.

agreed. however, any grain of hope here is worth reporting.

i will say that if this is true, i pray to the gods of good cinema that it will be a multi-branching type of disc so that we could watch with the deleted scenes integrated if we wanted as a sort of "master cut".

yeah, i know - i won't hold my breath.

TC wrote:i will say that if this is true, i pray to the gods of good cinema that it will be a multi-branching type of disc so that we could watch with the deleted scenes integrated if we wanted as a sort of "master cut".
That would be almost mindblowing to see :!:

I take it all with a grain of salt since it's still in the rumor stage. But god I hope it's true. I guess I should probably get my Blu-ray player fixed finally. I doubt you'll see the scenes re-inserted back into the film. Probably something along the lines of what was done with the Blue Velvet deleted scenes.