Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust...

...comes out tomorrow - 2/11. get your ass to a store and buy it! then come back and discuss here!

- The VAMPIRE HUNTER D anime from Yoshiaki Kawajiri is offered on DVD with a behind-the-scenes featurette, storyboard-to-feature comparison, trailers, and more. The film finds "D" competing with a family of Vampire Hunters in a deadly race against time to track track down a powerful vampire that has kidnapped a human woman. http://www.vampirehunterdbloodlust.com

picked it up, watched it. Liked it a lot. I could tell that it was really chopped. It seems like that sort of story was supposed to be 2 1/2 to 3 hours but american audiences can only take 90 minutes of anime at one time? They did they same for Princess Mononoke which was 3 hours in Japan but in America it was cut to 2 hours. There was a theater in Philadelphia playing last month, I should have gone to see it, the sound and picture were pretty good on DVD, but in a theater it would have been better... wonder if I can find a print of that....