Mad Max: Fury Road

Variety wrote:Charlize Theron to star in 'Mad' film
'Max' without Mel? New 'Fury' in Oz

Charlize Theron is revving up for "Mad Max: Fury Road," with producer-director George Miller set to start filming next August in Australia.

British actor Tom Hardy ("Black Hawk Down") will also star opposite Theron.. Thesps are the first major castings announced in the fourth version of the futuristic "Mad Max" franchise, which has been dormant for 2½ decades.

Theron will next be seen in Dimension's post-apocalyptic "The Road" opposite Viggo Mortensen.

Logline on the script, also penned by Miller, is being kept under wraps. Doug Mitchell is producing with Miller, and Warner Bros. is set to distribute.

Miller had announced last weekend that pre-production work was starting in New South Wales but he didn't give any indication as to whether Mel Gibson might return or who would play the male lead. "It could be Mel, it could be anyone," he told reporters.

Miller and the 21-year-old Gibson launched their careers with "Mad Max" in 1979, shot in Victoria and portraying a broken-down future society. The duo teamed on "The Road Warrior" (1981) -- which was a worldwide success -- and "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).

Miller, who went on to produce "Babe" and direct "Happy Feet," announced in 2003 that a script had been written with Brendan McCarthy for "Mad Max 4" and that pre-production was in early stages, but security concerns over trying to film in Namibia put the project on the back burner.

Miller's also directing "Happy Feet 2," for which Warners has set a release date of Nov. 18, 2011.
CinemaBlend wrote:Charlize And Tom Hardy Confirmed For Mad Max 4

About a week ago, we told you somewhat incredulously, that Charlize Theron and Star Trek veteran Tom Hardy were both up for roles in a fourth Mad Max movie, a movie we were pretty confident would never really happen.

But now that both actors have been confirmed for the cast, as reported in Variety, are the production wheels going to start spinning a little faster? Filming for Mad Max: Fury Road is apparently going to start in Australia next August, with George Miller writing the script and directing, of course. Mel Gibson, obviously, is not part of this casting announcement, confirming what Miller has been saying for years about his plans for the sequel. Now we'll finally get the answer of whether or not a Gibson-free Mad Max can actually succeed.

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Gibson's own mother probably doesn't want to work with him anymore.

If Miller can bring the same edgy realism and sense of doom to this that he brought to Babe, well, i think we have a winner on our hands here people.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Just poking fun, now that I have kids that consume all the kiddie movie crap I can actually appreciate Babe as being in the upper echelon of such stuff. And of course the first two Mad Max movies are classics.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

THR wrote:Nicholas Hoult joins 'Mad Max' movie
Zoe Kravitz, two others in talks to walk 'Fury Road'

Nicholas Hoult is walking "Fury Road," the new "Mad Max" movie from series writer-director George Miller.

Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens also are in various states of negotiations to join the actioner.

The movie is set a short while after the story detailed in 1985's "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome," which keeps Mad Max, the character originated by Mel Gibson, relatively young.

Details are being kept quiet, but it is known that Hoult's character is named Nux. Kravitz, whose character's name is Five Wives, Palmer and Clemens are in a convoy being chased by bad guys.

Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy are starring in the pic. The movie will shoot in Australia this summer; Warner Bros. will distribute.

The U.K.'s Hoult made his feature debut in "About a Boy" and starred in the British series "Skins." His work in "A Single Man" earned him a BAFTA nomination. The actor, repped by UTA and Independent, also will appear in Warners' remake of "Clash of the Titans."

io9 wrote:The new Mad Max talks about losing 30 pounds for Fury Road

We're not sure what to expect with George Miller's Mad Max reboot/sequel — especially when the new Mad Max actor, Tom Hardy, says he's going for the "drowned puma look." Read the new star's description of the next Max.

At the Inception junket, a group of reporters asked young actor Hardy about his next starring role, in the classic post-apocalyptic series. He says:
It's a relaunch and revisit to the world, an entire restructuring. That's not to say that it's not picking up or leaving off from the Mad Max you know already, but it's a nice re-take on the entire world using the same character, depositing him in the same world, but bringing him up to date by 30 years. Obviously Mel would've been perfect for it but, for some reason, he's not doing it, and I am. You can expect the same amount of grit and rawness and authenticity [to my] performance, I hope to deliver. But that's really the crux of me and George to deliver that and all the other actors as the other characters.

... Big rigs, big explosions, big car crashes, big violence, you know. It's going to actually happen, as opposed to doing a 2D turned to 3D screen. It's going to be an adventure, let's put it that way.
The actor also revealed that he was going to have to lose about 30 more pounds for the role, when asked why this was his response:
Imagine a hungry wolf. Or like when you put a cat in the bath. You grab a cat by the throat and stuff it under the fucking water. You know what it looks like? That's what I'm going to look like. But like a puma. Very hungry and very dangerous. It's imperative. This is the kind of guy who's not well. So I have to create that reality.
Mad Max was never an insanely ripped character to begin with, and we like the visual. It's a bit creepy and very threatening. To read the entire interview, check out First Showing.

Moviehole wrote:Fury Road has "138 cars and bikes and 298 stunts!"

Now this is interesting....

A couple of days ago Cameron Taylor, Transmoto Magazine test rider and movie motorcycle stuntman, had a few things to say about his involvement in the turbo-charged George Miller flick "Mad Max Fury Road" over on the official Transmoto website.

Taylor, up in Broken Hill doing rehearsals for the highly-anticipated "Thunderome" follow-up (starring Tom Hardy, Nicholas Hoult, Charlize Theron & Riley Keough), told the rag, "It's a big budget deal that's got 130 cars and bikes and 298 stunts!"

The stuntman/actor goes on to say that, "With Stephen Gall orchestrating the bike side of the stunt program, there's Yamaha YZ250s; R1s with super-long swingarms, knobbies and beefed-up suspension; and Tenere 650s will insane paint jobs. They're going all out on this.

"I'm literally riding all day at the moment, jumping up cliffs and doing some technical riding. So it's hard work, but good fun," said Taylor. "The on-set catering is insane, with choice-cut steaks and all sorts of gourmet stuff, but I think they're holding off on desserts for us as they want us to all have that skinny, feral desert look. Even I have to lose weight to look right! It's cool as we are actually going to be part of the movie, not just stunt doubles. I'll be back out here early next year for seven months while the thing is filmed," he said.

The website stated that "Taylor will soon be joined by other Pro motocrossers, Robbie Marshall and Cody Mackie, who'll be showcasing some bigger FMX-style stunts for the movie. So how much is Taylor earning for all this? A lot! However, envy prevents us from even mentioning the lavish sums of coin."

Funnily enough, the news item disappeared from the website about 24 hours later... but you can still find it in the Google Cache here. Did Taylor let slip details of the production that he wasn't supposed to slip? (Possibly, though it's fair to say he didn't reveal anything too spoiler-ish) Maybe it was the bit about the "lavish sums of coin" he was being paid to do the film? Or maybe, and if so way to yank free good PR, someone at the studio just didn't appreciate Taylor letting folks know how many cars and bikes would be used for the film?
i like io9's analysis:
ust to put that in (probably pointless) perspective, the three original Mad Max films were an average of 95 minutes long. If Fury Road is the same length, that means we'd have to see a new car or bike every 44 seconds, and a different stunt every 19 seconds. I realize that doesn't mean anything, but one thing's for sure: that road will indeed be furious.
wow.

WENN wrote:Miller: 'Mad Max Is All Ready To Go'

Mad Max director George Miller has reassured fans the next installment in the film franchise is not in jeopardy despite heavy rainfall in Australia delaying the project until 2012.

The fourth movie in the series, Mad Max: Fury Road, is a remake of Mel Gibson's original 1979 action picture, with British actor Tom Hardy taking on the lead role.

Film bosses chose the outback town of Broken Hill for shooting because of its baron landscapes, but unusually high rainfall last year turned the desert setting into a "wonderful flower garden".

Filming has been pushed back until early 2012, sparking fears the movie may never happen - but Miller insists studio bosses and castmembers are all committed to the venture.

He tells Sydney's Daily Telegraph, "We've built the vehicles. We've designed the movie. The principal cast is locked in. The film is funded. It's all ready to go. We just wait.

"All the contracts are signed. It's a locked-in film. It has been for 18 months now. We will restart pre-production later this year and begin early next year - weather permitting."

Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult also star in the movie.

hey, this is still happening....
/film wrote:‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Still Has Shooting to Complete

A quick glance at the /Film archives reveals the fourth Mad Max movie, Mad Max: Fury Road, has been in the public eye since early 2009. Four years is a normal amount of time for fans to be aware of a movie’s existence (we sometimes hear about movies before scripts exist, for example) but what makes Fury Road so unique is it was supposed to shoot in 2010, then was delayed to a 2012 shoot, and now it’s 2013. The film’s in the can and there’s still no release date in place.

While most experts tend to think we’ll see George Miller‘s 3D sequel starring Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in 2014, there’s apparently still work to be done. A new report says the director – who shot the film in Africa last year – is heading to Australia in November for three more weeks of filming.

Inside Film (via The Playlist) reported on the additional shooting. They got the info from a casting call in Australia looking for a number of actors for what are likely non-speaking roles.

Miller shot the film from July to December 2012 across South Africa and Nambia. That means production has been complete for nine months so far. (Eleven months once the reshoots take place.) Without a concrete release date set by Warner Bros., Miller seems to be in no rush to complete the film. The reshoots are likely an extension of that, and another tool to facilitate making the best film he possibly can. It’s good news, for the most part, but a stinging reminder that Mad Max: Fury Road is no closer to release.

The apocalyptic action film also stars Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Hugh Keays-Byrne, and Nathan Jones. It opens in 3D in 2014…probably.

Tom Hardy IS Mad Max.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BAD wrote:Rumor: FURY ROAD Is Great, Reshoots Are Good News

Time to get excited: we hear the new Mad Max movie is awesome.

Whither Fury Road? The return to the Mad Max universe, starring Tom Hardy as Mad, went through delays in advance, troubles in production and has now, seemingly, disappeared. The last we heard was that the film was going back for reshoots, which made everybody kind of nervous. After all the trouble was the movie terrible, and in dire need of saving?

I have not seen the movie yet, but I spoke with someone who has, and the verdict: it's awesome. Fury Road is awesome. According to my source the movie is, end to end, a badass chase filled with incredible action. Apparently Tom Hardy is still using his Bane voice here, but since Max only has a handful of lines it isn't too bad - and maybe they can dub him, as an homage to the original Mad Max.

Most importantly my source says that the reshoots are intended to beef up the big bookending action sequences. George Miller created an action sequence taking place on a vehicle elevator, and he couldn't get the budget to fully realize it. When the studio saw what he had done with the rest of the movie they gave him the money to go back and make the vehicle elevator sequence sing.

There's still more work to be done on the film; I understand it's a little long right now. But if you've been as worried as I have been about Fury Road, this will be music to your ears. I was ready to write this movie off as a sad disaster, but maybe it's one of those against-all-odds triumphs.

110-minute end-to-end chase scene with little CGI and even less dialog. YES PLEASE. hope the studios don't fuck this up. apparently has a 2015 release date now.
1318ewcvr-mad-max__span.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alexhead wrote:It can take Star Wars' slot, since that's probably going to 2016 with Ford's leg break.
That's highly unlikely as Disney has all the prime 2016 dates filled with Marvel films, the Finding Nemo sequel and Alice in Wonderland 2. The earliest they could put Star War in 2016 is December in the place of the SW spin-off film, a full year later. That will never happen. Mark my words, leg break or not, if they have to prop Ford up in a wheel chair and shoot above the waist Ep 7's schedule won't change.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

mad_max_fury_road_ver2_xxlg.jpg
mad_max_fury_road_ver3_xxlg.jpg
mad_max_fury_road_ver4_xxlg.jpg
mad_max_fury_road_ver5_xxlg.jpg