Re: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

$5 says they bin the film out of spite to Gilliam. This is what happens when you get artists run things without proper business advice. When Amazon dropped it you knew something was up as they are big enough to have good lawyers look at things.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

got to watch this over the weekend. have to say, i fucking loved it. i'm not entirely sure what i saw, but i loved watching it. it is absolutely an absurdist, surrealist film, much like some of his other work, but it is so completely seamless. the present blends into the past and merges with the future at a moment's notice. i'm sure if you know the story of don quixote, many parts of this film would be more effective for you. i'm positive some of this stuff was a reference to the original story, which i don't really know, but it didn't matter to me. i thought this was fucking fantastic and easily my favorite gilliam in decades. can't wait to see it again.

oh, also - adam driver was a fucking powerhouse. had no idea he could actually act. the dude is really great. i mean, really. has a bright future once star wars is over for sure.