Ghostbusters 3

ok, so here we've discussed the game (link) and fan-made films (link) but here we go.... it's official:
VH1 wrote:Original 'Ghostbusters' Cast Onboard For Reboot, Harold Ramis Says
'We're going to be the sage mentors,' says Ramis, who starred in and co-wrote the '80s comedy.

Two movie trends have converged and brought us a project that had been rumored for years that almost no one thought would actually happen.

Right now, remaking '80s comedies is hot ("Arthur" and "Beverly Hills Cop") and anything supernatural is really hot ("Twilight" and, uh, "Twilight"). To capitalize on these trends — or maybe just because it's not fair to deny longtime fans any longer — Columbia Pictures announced that a third "Ghostbusters" movie is in the works, two decades after the last one came out.

Earlier this week, Harold Ramis stopped by MTV News to chat about his new Jack Black comedy "The Year One" (in theaters June 19). But we also asked Ramis — who co-wrote the first two "Ghostbusters" movies and, of course, starred in them as uptight-but-lovable Dr. Egon Spengler — to dish details on the upcoming reboot.

Ramis promised that all the old core players will take part in the updated version, including Bill Murray (Dr. Peter Venkman) and Dan Aykroyd (Dr. Raymond Stantz), who co-wrote the original films. "We're all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."

As of now, no decisions have been made about just who those new Ghostbusters will be. But with Judd Apatow signed on as a producer, the Internet has been buzzing with gossip that comedians from his cinematic universe, such as Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen, will join in.

At the moment, Ramis is waiting on a first draft of the script, which is being penned by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, two writer/producers on "The Office," who also wrote "Year One." "Gene and Lee, both of whom I mentored, are now writing the new 'Ghostbusters,' " Ramis said. "I'm consulting with them, as is Dan Aykroyd and [original director] Ivan Reitman.

"Bill Murray is just waiting for the truckload of money to arrive to get him out of his office," Ramis joked.

After taking a jab at his old friend, Ramis assured us that Murray is definitely "in," even though the two haven't communicated directly about the project. "I haven't talked to him about it," Ramis said. "I want to talk to him about it eventually. I think we just need a script, because he's the thorniest of the group."

Another open question is who will take over directing duties, since neither Ramis nor Reitman is planning on helming the picture. "I'm sure we're all hoping someone else will do it," the 64-year-old Ramis said. "It's a lot of work!"

While we await casting and directing news, Ramis was able to shoot down gossip about certain stars once thought to be attached to a third "Ghostbusters." "Here's how old the rumors are," Ramis said. "Chris Farley was one of the rumors. It was going to be Chris Farley, Ben Stiller and Chris Rock."

Whichever actors end up portraying the fresh crew of wisecracking ghost fighters will be in for a challenge. "Someone asked Seth [Rogen], and he said, 'What?' " Ramis recalled. "He said, 'That'd have to be one great f---ing script for anyone to touch that.' He's right about that."

Re: Ghostbusters 3

I always love listening to Ramis talking about movies, both his own and others. First off, he never seems to be bothered when it comes to saying exactly what he thinks of other peoples work and the business in general (his comments on Indy 4 was hilarious). Second, he always seems to be truly grateful to be making movies. Seems like a great guy.

THR wrote:Ivan Reitman Calling 'Ghostbusters 3'
Confirms he will direct; hopes to shoot it 'this next year'

Ivan Reitman, who directed the first two "Ghostbuster" movies in the '80s, is gearing up to direct the long-awaited third installment in the series.

Sony's Columbia Pictures has been developing a script by Lee Eisneberg and Gene Stupnitsky that would relaunch the franchise.

Reitman has been involved in developing the script as a producer and, earlier this week, said for the first time that he will serve as director as well.

Speaking with MTV's Josh Horowitz at the National Board of Review Awards in New York -- where "Up in the Air," on which he served as a producer, picked up a best film award -- Reitman confirmed he would direct and said, "I hope to start shooting it this next year."

Filmshaft wrote:Harold Ramis Promises Ghostbusters 3 By Christmas 2012

Last week Bill Murray tried to convince the world he was not the major obstacle in the way of Ghostbusters 3. In fact, he informed people at a press conference that he was getting a bit bored with all the mucking about, but conceded it would be fun to do.

Murray went on to hint that Harold Ramis’s last movie, Year One, was the reason the studio got cold (dead?) feet over another movie. Why? Because he’d hired the same writers to bash out a draft of our beloved 1980s classic (yes, classic, the sequel was pants).

Now Harold Ramis has contradicted news and sense (probably) by telling ABC 7 that pre-production work is going on with Ghostbusters 3 and that it’ll be out for Christmas 2012…when we might all be dead because of the Mayan calendar thingy:

“Well, there’s been a lot of talk about a third Ghostbusters film, which has now become real. It’s… I can say with some certainty that there will be a third movie. It won’t be out until Christmas 2012, but the work is going on now.”

One must remember, too, the guys are pushing sixty, and I don’t want to be ageist but having them run around after ghosts and making jokes might look a little arthritic, no? I’m in favour of getting the Judd Apatow gang in to have a whole “next generation” vibe. Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, those guys.

Sure, that's an easy promise to make, since we'll all be dead on December 21, 2012 when the world ends. Hell, I can top that. I promise The Twin Peaks sequel and the sequel to Casablanca (with the original cast!) all for December 25, 2012! :)
Just cut them up like regular chickens

WENN wrote:Murray: 'I Still Haven't Read Ghostbusters 3 Script'

Bill Murray has confirmed he's the one holding up a possible second Ghostbusters sequel - and he has become "a problem" for his castmates and director Ivan Reitman.

The Lost in Translation star, who played Dr. Peter Venkman in the two Ghostbusters movies, admits he has a script for a third film - but he hasn't read it.

He tells U.S. radio host Howard Stern, "I guess I'm the problem. Before I was an asset, now I'm a problem. There's a script somewhere, but I haven't read it yet.

"I only made one sequel and it was Ghostbusters 2 and it didn't end up the way it was presented... but I owe him (Reitman)... He's puzzled that I haven't gotten to this one.

"I'll get to it... I gotta get to it. I feel bad... It's not the foremost thing in my mind, so I don't think about it. You know, the studio gets excited every 10 years or so. What they'd really like to do is recreate the franchise."

"I'll get to it... I gotta get to it. I feel bad..."
I wouldn't lose sleep over it, Bill. :P
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Hollywood wrote:Ghostbusters 3 is a go as Billy Murray signs on - report

Lost In Translation star Bill Murray is back on board the Ghostbusters 3 movie after reportedly dropping out of the sequel.

Co-star Harold Ramis has confirmed the funnyman will be reprising his role as Dr. Peter Venkman in the follow-up to 1989's Ghostbusters II.

The news comes after Murray stunned reporters on the red carpet at the recent Hyde Park on Hudson premiere by revealing he was considering returning to the franchise.

Before that, fans and castmate Dan Aykroyd, who has been championing the third film for years, had all but given up hope that Murray would return - this past summer (12), the Canadian actor, who played Dr. Raymond Stantz in the first two Ghostbusters films, told Metro magazine the project would be moving on without its star.

Aykroyd said, "He (Murray) won't be involved... It's sad but we're passing it on to a new generation. Ghostbusters 3 can be a successful movie without Bill. My preference would be to have him involved but at this point he doesn't seem to be coming and we have to move on. It's time to make the third one."

But it seems there has been a change of plan.

Ramis has received word that Murray was agreeing to the project.

He tells SuperOfficialNews.com, "It was kind of crazy. Just out of nowhere, I get a phone call from Bill at almost three in the morning... and he simply said, 'Yeah, OK, I'm in!' That's Bill Murray for you. Surprising and straight to the point.

"Bill also said a major factor in his decision to do the movie had been all the support he received from fans."

And co-writer Paul Horner is thrilled about the news, adding, "Word through the grapevine was that Murray enjoyed reading our script that was passed along to him a few months ago. As for if he was going to be a part of it, well that was the million-dollar question. The writers, the cast, the fans... Everyone is truly excited for this to have finally all come together."

Ivan Reitman, who directed Ghostbusters 1 and 2, will return for the third film. Sigourney Weaver will also return as Dana Barrett, and reports suggest Rick Moranis will come out of retirement to reprise his role as Louis Tully. Ashton Kutcher, Seth Rogen and Vincent Kartheiser have been suggested as cast newcomers - and possibly the faces of the new Ghostbusters.

Shooting is scheduled to begin next year (13).

I'm too lazy to bother posting the actual news story. But Reitman is out now as director. He decided with Ramis gone he's not as into doing a big film any more. He's just producing and helping the search for a new director.

Apparently now a complete reboot with no ties to the past. Which is probably for the best. Harold Ramis is gone and Bill Murray doesn't want anything to do with GB3. I don't really want to see a Ghostbusters starring just a fat Dan Aykroyd and the guy who wasn't deemed good enough for his own role in the cartoon. I'd rather there be no new Ghostbusters, but at this point if they're going to bring it back it needs to be a full reboot.

Variety wrote:‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot: Will Bill Murray Return in Smaller Role?

Ramin Setoodeh
Film Editor, New York
@RaminSetoodeh

Paul Feig is working on an all-female reboot of “Ghostbusters” for Sony Pictures, but that doesn’t mean the new film won’t include Bill Murray. According to insiders, the studio would jump at the chance to sign Murray for either a cameo or supporting role. The real challenge will be convincing Murray, who for years has resisted making another “Ghostbusters.”

“The studio gets really crazy about it,” Murray told Variety during a sit-down interview for this week’s cover story. “What they really want to do is resurrect a franchise. The first one was a spectacular movie, one of the greatest movies. The second one was”–Murray makes an unimpressed sound. “It had some moves. It had a few good scenes in it.”

Murray is one of the few actors in Hollywood who can’t be bought. “People say, ‘Bill, you could get so rich!'” Murray says. “I’m ok.” He looks down at his red pants and plastic watch. “I don’t look it, but I’m doing ok.”

Over the years, Murray has looked over several treatments for a third film. “I read one that Danny [Aykroyd] wrote that was crazy bizarre and too crazy to comprehend,” Murray says. And then there was the script where his character died and returned as a ghost. “It was kind of funny, but not well executed,” Murray says. Sony was interested, and director Ivan Reitman (who made the first two films) tried to get Murray onboard. “It was clear he just didn’t want to engage,” Reitman says. “His head was in a whole different place as an actor. He wanted to do smaller roles where he didn’t have to take on the weight of the lead.”

Aykroyd recalls a similar conversation with Murray. “He said to me, ‘I’ve done the character,'” Aykroyd says. “I totally understand. The studio knew in their hearts that without Murray there may be nothing there. Plus, ‘Ghostbusters’ needs a shot of youth. It’s got to be handed to the new generation.”

Still, that doesn’t mean Murray couldn’t be there to pass the baton. During his interview with Variety, Murray left the door open–by a hair–indicating that he’d consider another “Ghostbusters” if the idea felt fresh. Feig and Katie Dippold (“The Heat”) are now working on the new script. “Those guys, Danny and Harold [Ramis], were at the top of their game,” Murray says. “They were burning nitro at that moment. Unless you have a really clear vision, you’re always trying to recreate that.”

Murray says he’s happy right now with the trajectory of his “Ghostbusters”-free career. He’s starring in the Weinstein Co.’s “St. Vincent,” and he’s wrapped a new Cameron Crowe film (out in May 2015) and the Barry Levinson comedy “Rock the Kasbah.” “I got like three in a row that could be really great,” Murray says. “I could be sitting in a different chair in a year. If all three of these are as good as I think they are, it could be easy. I won’t have to think about ‘Ghostbusters’ all the time.”

Yeah, Bill Murray sure does need Ghostbusters to resurrect that career of his...heh. Have to say, while I do love the original (took the kids to see it opening weekend at our Alamo Drafthouse), I have zero need for any kind of reboot.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Cinema Blend wrote: The All-Female Ghostbusters Movie Casts Melissa McCarthy, 3 Other Comediennes

Who ya gonna call? Paul Feig finally revealed who he dialed up to star in his all-female Ghostbusters reboot, and the choices are incredibly exciting, and funnier than you’d ever imagined.

Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are "expected to sign on" as the four spirit hunters in Paul Feig’s anticipated comedy, THR now reports. Katie Dippold is writing the script for the new movie. We have no idea when the film is expected to be in theaters, though, as Ghostbusters has been mired in uncertainty for years now. Finally however, it seems to me driving in the right direction, with a new "captain" and an exciting new cast.

Feig even took to Twitter to confirm his four female choices for the next generation of Ghostbusters.
gh3.jpg
No sale. They lost me at Melissa McCarthy, who's only talent appears to be farting a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

darkness wrote:No sale. They lost me at Melissa McCarthy, who's only talent appears to be farting a lot.
This. I'd been hoping for months to not hear this news.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.