Re: Spider-Man 4

[youtube][/youtube]

I guess this is the appropriate thread for an Amazing Spider Man 2 trailer?
Last edited by TC on 05/12/13, 11:30:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: embedded
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Spider-Man 4

darkness wrote:That's some pretty awful Hayden Christensen worthy line delivery in the opening there. I predict they kill off Gwen at the end of this one.
She was spotted during the shoot wearing the exact same outfit she's wearing in the comic when she dies, so yeah, I think you're right.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Amazing Spider-Man mega thread

I have noticed with tentpole trailers that they are putting the early ones out with CGI that's not complete. The first trailer showing the dragon for the new Hobbit looked awful, the current one is a big improvement (although the whole damn thing looks way too CGI anyway), and you could say the same for the first trailer for the first Amazing Spider-Man, the one with the POV of him bouncing around rooftops looked bad in the trailer and fine when the movie finally came out.

Mega thread is right. EXPAND THE UNIVERSE ACROSS ALL TEH MOVIEZ

By Sean O'Neal Dec 13, 2013 • 10:56AM
Along with Fox’s plans to expand and link up its Marvel properties X-Men and Fantastic Four, Sony recently began hinting at its own strategy for expanding Spider-Man with sequels and spinoffs—because like the comics that spawned them, all Marvel movies and TV shows must be part of a vast, interconnected universe, so long as that universe exists within the single studio that owns them. Now comes some more details on how Sony will sprout its own Avengers-sized world from the single seed of Spider-Man: The studio has formed a “franchise brain trust” of writers and producers to develop a single, continuous story thread that will tie together the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man 3 and 4, as well as the newly confirmed Venom and The Sinister Six, standalone spinoffs focusing on the black alien goop and cadre of supervillains, respectively, who evilly conspire to ensure Peter Parker never gets any downtime.

In that brain trust are several people who are already deeply involved with Spider-Man, Marvel, and just generally genre properties, including: Spider-Man 2 and 3 (and any other franchise that needs franchisin’) writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, plus their Fringe/Spider-Man collaborator Jeff Pinkner; Drew Goddard, recently tapped by Disney to develop Daredevil, who will also write and possibly direct Sinister Six; and Ed Solomon, whose credits include Bill And Ted and Men In Black, and who will collaborate with Kurtzman and Orci on the Kurtzman-directed Venom. They’ll all work in tandem with Spider-Man producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, as well as Marc Webb—who isn’t officially signed to direct more Spider-Man movies yet, but likely will be soon, given that Sony is clearly hoping they’re about to explode into its own potentially billion-dollar franchise.

For Venom, it’s the realization of several failed attempts to bring him to the screen—including that time Topher Grace actually did bring him to the screen in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3, then everyone agreed to pretend like that didn’t happen. And The Sinister Six has already been built up through the reports of Amazing Spider-Man 2’s swelling villains roster, as well as a trailer scene that seemed to explicitly telegraph it. Of course, even with Spider-Man’s deep bench of compelling enemies, it remains to be seen how this brain trust will build spinoffs entirely around villains, with no mention of Spider-Man—or any other hero—for them be villainous toward. (Maybe the Sinister Six just has lots of board meetings where they talk about how much they hate him?)

But what’s already clear is that, between Sony’s Spider-Man universe, Fox’s X-Men/Fantastic Four universe, Warner Bros.’ burgeoning Justice League universe, and Disney’s granddaddy Marvel universe, pretty soon just seeing a comic-book movie might require the same commitment to keeping up with continuity that comes with actually reading comic books.

http://www.avclub.com/article/sony-offi ... :1:Default

Warner Bros.’ burgeoning Justice League universe
One film that met with moderate success and another that just went into production and won't be out for two years is hardly what I'd call burgeoning. Unless by that they mean all that they're trying to cram in to the next film. At this rate I'm expecting casting news for Brother Power the Geek any day now.

As for the Spider-man stuff, someone did remind them that the villains need someone to fight, right? Or is this going to be "Venom: Grande or Venti - The Starbucks Conundrum"
Just cut them up like regular chickens

They appear to have ratcheted up the action quite a bit. Still feels 'too soon' but I'll probably go see this in a first run theater, last one only merited the buck theater experience.

Can't say I'm any more enthused to go see this. Looks like a lot of noise, though of course it's a trailer so who knows. The last one didn't impress me too much. Watching the trailer I feel like they're just retreading where they've gone with four other films now.

He'd better finish Daredevil first!
‘Spider-Man’ Spinoff ‘Sinister Six’ Drawing Director Drew Goddard
Variety By Dave McNary
14 hours ago
Drew Goddard is in negotiations to direct Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff “Sinister Six” from his own script.

The studio and Marvel Entertainment first revealed the “Sinister Six” and “Venom” projects in December, including Goddard’s attachment as a writer with an eye to direct.

Both projects are being produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach as part of Sony’s move to expand the Spider-Man universe by bringing in villains.

The “Sinister Six” supervillains first appeared in 1964 and were drawn from Spider-Man’s list of enemies. Led by Doctor Octopus, they included Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman and the Vulture.

Goddard, who made his feature directorial debut with “The Cabin in the Woods,” is one of five writers — along with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and Ed Solomon — who will collaborate on overseeing the developing story over several films.

The five writers, along with the two producers and Marc Webb, have formed a “franchise brain trust” to expand the universe for the brand — licensed from Marvel — and to develop a continuous tone and thread throughout the films.

Webb directed 2012′s franchise reboot “The Amazing Spider-Man” and the upcoming “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Kurtzman, Orci and Pinkner wrote the screenplay for the latter, which Arad and Tolmach produced.

Kurtzman, Orci and Pinkner are writing the screenplay for “The Amazing Spider-Man 3,” with Webb directing. That film will go into production next fall for release on June 10, 2016.

“The Amazing Spider-Man 4″ has already been dated for May 4, 2018. “Venom” and “Sinister Six” have not been dated.

Goddard is repped by UTA.

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/spider-ma ... 34907.html

With all the villains I was concerned they were repeating Spider-man 3, and now it seems like I was correct. But Amazing Spider-man 1 wasn't that great of a film either. I remember nothing about it beyond Stan Lee's cameo scene. It seems like on the marvel side of things the most successful films (I mean as a film as a whole, not necessarily box office though that too) are the ones that pull from their comic book story roots. The Marvel produced films do this as have the better X-men ones and Spider-man 2. Too bad Sony hasn't gotten the memo.