Re: Spider-Man 4

I don't really mind the nice clean shots of the costume, but the action shots of the filming that were going around a few weeks ago didn't look very good at all (granted they were fan cell phone cam shots, not cleaned up purdy versions like this). But this kid, 'hot' as he may be thanks to the facebook movie, looks a little too dorky, and as noted above, it still feels like the first Spider Man came out 5 years ago, it's just way too soon.

That said, naming it after the comic is probably a pretty good call.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

now that i've seen social network, seeing this guy in costume isn't helping. maguire nailed parker's look & feel; this guy looks like a complete dork. at least lose the ridiculous hair...
Andrew-Garfield-as-Spider-Man-EW-cover[1].jpg
Amazing-Spider-Man-Costume-Close-Up[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

more hi-res stills:
ewspidey1__1_[1].jpg
ewspidey2[1].jpg
ew_spidey_3[1].jpg
ew_spidey_4[1].jpg
ew_spidey_5[1].jpg
ew_spidey_6[1].jpg
well, i can say at least that they are going to mechanical shooters. i like that.

also, what's with the ongoing thing of hiring a blonde to play a red-head and vice-versa? not that stone or dunst don't look great...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

some more images...
spidermannewew1[1].jpg
spidermannewew2[1].jpg
spidermannewew3-550x411[1].jpg
spidermannewew4-550x415[1].jpg
spidermannewew5-550x412[1].jpg
spidermannewew6-550x414[1].jpg
the vest makes leary look unintentionally hilarious. sheen looks well-cast...

Again, what Marcus said, I have to admit I am rooting for this one to fail just so we don't see all of them rebooted every 5-10 years, its ridiculous. I didn't watch it with sound as I was on a conference call but it's a good 2 1/2 minutes of footage, ends with an extended POV shot with him doing his first web crawling around the city (which is what the guy at the link was refering to as the 'video game part' that he hated so much), prior to that you see PP as a little kid, see him mope around some high school halls, see him get bit, yadda yadda. Just seems so bizarre to have them doing this again within (I believe) the same decade. I'd rather they get some high quality talent together to take another whack at Fantastic 4 or something.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Again, what Marcus said, I have to admit I am rooting for this one to fail just so we don't see all of them rebooted every 5-10 years, its ridiculous. I didn't watch it with sound as I was on a conference call but it's a good 2 1/2 minutes of footage, ends with an extended POV shot with him doing his first web crawling around the city (which is what the guy at the link was refering to as the 'video game part' that he hated so much), prior to that you see PP as a little kid, see him mope around some high school halls, see him get bit, yadda yadda. Just seems so bizarre to have them doing this again within (I believe) the same decade. I'd rather they get some high quality talent together to take another whack at Fantastic 4 or something.
Also, wasn't this supposed to be a grittier, "fresh take", on the Spiderman saga? Everything I've seen and read suggests its Raimis Spiderman minus Bruce Campbell. An instant fail in my book.

Well I wouldn't exactly call Campbell a lynchpin of the series (although his voiceover on the Spider Man 2 Xbox tutorial is pretty awesome), but substitute "grittier" for "angsty-er, you know, for the Twilight kids" and that's kind of what I've heard.

Alexhead wrote:Well I wouldn't exactly call Campbell a lynchpin of the series (although his voiceover on the Spider Man 2 Xbox tutorial is pretty awesome), but substitute "grittier" for "angsty-er, you know, for the Twilight kids" and that's kind of what I've heard.
Hense the hair then.

That actually looks even worse that I had imagined it. In a perfect world, cinema goers would boycott the fuck out of this one. It's a complete scam. Re-making something that's been done three times in the last ten years? And then charging for you to go see it? Pathetic.

I doubt it's really grittier, more realistic or any different from the earlier ones. But ever since Nolan's Batman films took off, every new superhero movie has to have those words attached to it because studio muppets think that will sell it. They want all comic characters to be Batman now. Hell, how does the trailer start out... by showing us Peter lost his parents as a child and was scarred by it. I think I've heard that one before...

Here's one that hasn't been pulled yet:
[cine]http://www.youtube.com/embed/o6-AyR1FIlg[/cine]
Just cut them up like regular chickens

You know, it sounds like a geek bitch but at the very least they should've used the original comic book font on the title and not done the same damn crappy one they used for the last three movies to get a little differentiation.