Re: Xmen / Mutant Mega-thread

Those rumors came from a single, unverified poster on a comic discussion board who claimed to work on the film with no proof. So I'd take it all with a grain of salt. Though Dark Phoenix is such an important X-Men story that I could see Marvel wanting to save it for themselves. But that's a lot of spent money to throw away.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

To quote Don Draper, "Is this a substance much like bullshit?"

I totally don't buy that they're just going to cancel two megabudget franchise properties. No way. Quality control has never been that big a concern in the X-men franchise. It's truly a fluke that Logan turned out as good as it was.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:I totally don't buy that they're just going to cancel two megabudget franchise properties. No way. Quality control has never been that big a concern in the X-men franchise.
Normally I'd agree with this. But Marvel Studios, who's responsible for a good chunk of Disney's revenue, tends to get what it wants. So if they said kill Dark Phoenix I would tend to believe Disney would do it, especially if somehow the film was subpar. After all, Fox is the one who gets to take the financial hit for that, not them.
But again, this all came from a single poster on a message board, so I still would take it with a grain of salt. Since the deal just literally went through, it's probably too soon for Disney to have been making decisions. Hell, they might get the idea to can it from reading these rumors.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

They barely did a decent job with the Days of Future Past storyline, already fucked around with/fucked up this one in the original trilogy, now this is getting dumped in February...just give them all back to Marvel please kthx.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Two thoughts. Fassbender is aging at a rate not seen since Ralph Fiennes in the early 2000s. And I've never seen so many big name actors so obviously just in it for the money by this point.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

not canceled...
GeekTyrant wrote: Disney and Marvel Are Preparing For Reshoots For THE NEW MUTANTS

Disney and Marvel Studios are planning on releasing The New Mutants on the big screen. The film production has been in limbo for some time now. It was supposed to go through some extensive reshoots, but those reshoots never happened while the film was at Fox.

Well, now that Disney and Marvel have the film they are ready to get the film the reshoots that it needs. The confirmation of this news comes from X-Men: Dark Phoenix director Simon Kinberg, who told Digital Spy:

"What's happening is we're gonna do reshoots this year on that film and it has a new release date from Disney. That's really it. Part of it was figuring out what the reshoots were gonna be, the pick-ups, and the other part of it was getting that cast back together."

That’s great news! The new release date for the film is in 2020, so we still have to wait a bit, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. This is actually a movie I’ve been really excited about. On top of that, it sounds like Marvel is going to be helping guide things on the creative side. Kinberg added:

"For all of these movies, Marvel's really brilliant at scheduling pick-ups into their budget and schedule so it's all prepared, and we have never been that smart. For us, we're always scrambling to get these actors back together so they're all in the same place at the same time."

I imagine Josh Boone will return to direct the reshoots with the cast that includes Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik, Charlie Heaton as Cannonball, Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane, Henry Zaga as Sunspot, and Blu Hunt as fallen Mirage. Here’s the previously released synopsis:

Held in a secret facility against their will, five new mutants have to battle the dangers of their powers, as well as the sins of their past. They aren’t out to save the world — they’re just trying to save themselves.

Hopefully the movie turns out to be a hit!

THAT was “his original vision”? Finally watched New Mutants last night and holy fuck was it a completely shit show. It was aggressively bad, like it was trying to piss off the viewer. 3/5 of the kids have inexplicable and unnecessary accents that seemingly come and go throughout the film. The writing and dialog are completely nonsensical, for the most part. And the “story”? I mean, of all the NM stories out there, you come up with this shit? Holy fuck was this movie infuriating. Not “bad-good” like Neil Breen films, just fucking bad. Hopefully next time they decide to revisit The X-Men universe, it will be by someone that actually loves the material and is competent enough that studios stay the fuck out of their way. So depressing what Hollywood has done with such a fantastic universe of material and a killer setup not even 20 years ago.