Re: Transformers 2

Lord help me, my son wants to see this...I don't know if I can take Bay in a theater without major seizures.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Lord help me, my son wants to see this...I don't know if I can take Bay in a theater without major seizures.
Don't you dare take him to Transformers 4. First, I'm pretty sure that's child abuse and I will call CPS on you. Second, if people keep going to these things they'll keep making them. Do you want the downfall of western civilization on your hands?
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Lord help me, my son wants to see this...I don't know if I can take Bay in a theater without major seizures.
Don't you dare take him to Transformers 4. First, I'm pretty sure that's child abuse and I will call CPS on you. Second, if people keep going to these things they'll keep making them. Do you want the downfall of western civilization on your hands?
You make many, many good points. Think we'll hold onto our money until Guardians comes out.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:You make many, many good points. Think we'll hold onto our money until Guardians comes out.
Good man. Friends don't let friends do Micahel Bay movies.
And The Wind Rises already had its theatrical release here back in February.

Took my oldest daughter to see The Wind Rises, her first subtitled film! We loved it.

Yeah, that and The Grand Budapest Hotel the best releases of the year so far. And then there's Under the Skin which I didn't wholly gel with and yet some of the imagery does indeed get under the skin... Maybe don't take the kids to see that one.

I would DEFINITELY take the kids to see Under The Skin! My favorite of 2014 so far.

some reviews: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... hat-715428

my favorite snippet:
The New York Times' A.O. Scott reminds that, altogether, "Age of Extinction makes clear what has always been true of the Transformers movies: Although they may look like soulless corporate studio product, they are really examples of personal cinema, expressions of the will and imagination of their director, Michael Bay … [his best films] are those in which the battle between sense and sensation ends in a rout … You can admire what he does without really enjoying it." He warns, "If you spend any time thinking about why the C.I.A. and an Apple-like technology corporation would be in cahoots with an intergalactic bounty hunter in an anti-Autobot pogrom you are missing the point: … a boy at play, reveling in the creative and destructive power, and the glorious uselessness, of his own imagination."
so eloquently describing bay to a T. love it.

darkness wrote:
Michael J Nelson wrote: Instead of going to see Transformers 4 I had the crazy guy who lives at the dump throw lawnmower parts and scream at me for three hours.
Marvelous.

So much wrong they had to split it into two videos. "Caesar Flickerman just asked Frasier Crane for semen. I am officially giving up my fan fiction career." Lol.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

i haven't seen any of the last... what, 2? 3? how many of these things are there? i swore off the franchise after bay had two "urban" transformers featured. but this latest entry looks absolutely bonkers:
[youtube][/youtube]